Posting problems

Mike Hennigan

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I’ve been trying to post on this thread “$upport our community” Since last night. Last night the site wasn’t even loading for me. I tried to post on this thread a couple more times today but keep getting some error message and it won’t let me post. What’s going on?link to thread I was trying to post on here https://www.bonsainut.com/threads/upport-our-community.42794/

AaronThomas

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Weird… I didn’t have a problem.
Maybe you were blocked... did you piss off the poster?😷

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Mike, I’ve had the same problem from time to time. It’s a bit maddening. Not on that thread, but others.

Mike Hennigan

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Weird… I didn’t have a problem.
Maybe you were blocked... did you piss off the poster?😷
I’m not as inflammatory as I once was 😂 I don’t think so. It seemed that the website itself was doing something weird.

RKatzin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm having trouble loading pics. I've always had to run them through a couple of two or three times, which I wrote off to my poor cell reception. But now they won't load at all, for about a week or so now. I am able to post pics on other sites so I'm wondering.

Lawlcat

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
I'm a new member and I've been trying to post a thread in the Pines discussion and every single time I hit post, I get a 500 internal error and it fails to post. If I attempt it a few times in a row, the domain no longer responds to my IP ( can't view pages at all ) for a few hours. Not sure if anyone else has seen that

BonsaiDawg

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I'm a new member and I've been trying to post a thread in the Pines discussion and every single time I hit post, I get a 500 internal error and it fails to post. If I attempt it a few times in a row, the domain no longer responds to my IP ( can't view pages at all ) for a few hours. Not sure if anyone else has seen that

Install a vpn on your computer

Lawlcat

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
Install a vpn on your computer
A VPN would not do anything to solve the 500 server error. After some experimentation I was able to get my post to go through, but if I have the following text in the post body, it throws the 500 server error.

"Should I wait a year or two and then do the "snip half the candle in the middle of the growing season" trick? That will hurt the growth of the leaders but from my understanding that should promote back budding."

The entire rest of my post was fine but removing these specific lines is what allowed me to finally post it

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I haven't noticed anything.....but the aliens are invading....so....

Sorce

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I haven't noticed anything.....but the aliens are invading....so....

Sorce
Had trouble posting for a period of time yesterday. Approximately two hours. Only resolved when I cleared all history, shut down my Mac for a period of time and rebooted! All other websites and functions were normal except Bonsai Nut. Got the OOPs Server not responding, unable to load page. Please try again later routine! This is a periodic problem occurs approximately once a week. Perhaps it has something to do with the new border restrictions in place for Covid 19.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Thanks for feedback! I always want to hear about issues... even if I don't know the cause.

In this case, I haven't had any problems with the site, personally, nor have I received any server errors or hosting warnings. The site software is updated to the current version.

It seems strange that the problem is resolved when you clear your browser history and reboot your computer. Typically those kinds of glitches would indicate that I am changing the site software and your browser cache is inconsistent with the new site software. Except I haven't done anything to the site in at least 30 days.

Let me know if you continue to have problems!

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Mr. @Bonsai Nut! Did something change in the last 24 hours? All of a sudden I’m having tremendous difficulty connecting to the site and making postings. It’s been highly problematic. It looks like I have a bit better connection through the cell network than by wifi, but making posts with image content has become incredibly difficult - nigh on impossible. Can you help?

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Mr. @Bonsai Nut! Did something change in the last 24 hours? All of a sudden I’m having tremendous difficulty connecting to the site and making postings. It’s been highly problematic. It looks like I have a bit better connection through the cell network than by wifi, but making posts with image content has become incredibly difficult - nigh on impossible. Can you help?

Nothing has happened on the network side. I haven't been getting any errors, and the site is still buttery smooth for me :(

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I have encountered similar problems again lately. Seems more often when trying to compose a lengthier response! Editing takes me some time;). The auto incorrect gets me frequently!
The solutions seems to be come back in a few hours. The system seems to reset itself and works again! Shutting down, clearing cache no longer works. Other sites load fine during these episodes.

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Nothing has happened on the network side. I haven't been getting any errors, and the site is still buttery smooth for me :(

Sorry to hear that. I’m more or less shut down unless I turn the WiFi off to connect to this site. Maybe it will heal. At the very least probably no images from me for a while.
:mad:

S

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
….ERROR IN BROWSER CONSOLE...

Came up repeatedly as I tried to post a reply in a thread.....if that means anything.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
For me, personally, i could only get the site to load like once a day for the weekend. Not complaining.. just “comparing notes”.... i would get on. Go to my Elaeagnus post, type a reply, try to post.. and it would lock up.

This morning, I “arrived” ;) and went to the same post, replied, but with a different order of operations.. and it appears to be working find for me at the moment.

:) good to be “back” hahaha

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
For me, personally, i could only get the site to load like once a day for the weekend. Not complaining.. just “comparing notes”.... i would get on. Go to my Elaeagnus post, type a reply, try to post.. and it would lock up.

This morning, I “arrived” ;) and went to the same post, replied, but with a different order of operations.. and it appears to be working find for me at the moment.

:) good to be “back” hahaha

I’ve tried with multiple devices. Loads fine over cellular, but this site, and only this site, will simply not load when connected to WiFi. I have to turn off the WiFi every time I go to the site. It was fine 48 hours ago and then the lights went off. More or less impossible to load images. Dunno why.

Scott

Top Bottom