Pot advice urgently needed

It's Kev

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have an opportunity tomorrow to try my hand at a potters wheel and want to try and make myself a bonsai pot. Has anybody made their own bofore? If yes, please post as many tips as you can. I don’t even know what sort of questions I’m suppose to be asking.

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
First lesson....learn how to center the clay on the wheel. That will take a while. Take a pot in that you would like to make and say teach me how to make this.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
haven't got a sample (unless i google a pic) and i'll be the only person there who speaks English.

Verbal Communications for endeavors like this can be detrimental.
The very real "backwards world" that is a "language barrier".

This is my Favorite Place to learn!

My man is the shit!

Sorce

It's Kev

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So, after baking and all the other magic that happens, my pot came back like this...
BF8C9ACA-9688-4AFA-895C-9062B1DC9339.jpeg203A6675-147E-4C7E-A017-306EEC42B114.jpegIt’s a rice bowl...with holes in it.

But actually I don’t care, it’s something I made myself. So for that reason, it’s awesome

W3rk

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Right? There is great pleasure in making and creating things. And it still works like you wanted as a bonsai pot because of your holes. Also your form looks really good; smooth/round/even. I've been itching to take a class myself.

Top Bottom