Pot Appraisal/ID/No Clue What I Got Here

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Among the collection of sorts, somewhat, and surprisingly collectable items left behind by the previous owners of my old house were these Japanese pots.
IMG_20220108_130750_572.jpg
IMG_20220108_130829_197.jpg
IMG_20220108_130841_495.jpg
My ex had no interest in them, so snagged them and a couple pieces of decent terracotta with no marks that were with them when I collected some of my things.

That's a 2L water bottle for scale. Four piece matching set. Drainage holes, but no wire holes.
I know they're just mass produced pieces- nothing particularly special- but they ring like a bell, so I know they're high quality. Seeing as they're the nicest pots I own I was curious if anyone knew anything about them.
Thanks!

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
That's about what I thought.
Thanks!

Tried looking them up online, but kept getting business info but not the actual company site or anything, or else all in Japanese.

Katie0317

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
I think it's a lucky sign Shady Stump...Good for you. I bet you'd get more on Ebay because you have 4 that stack, match and are new but hope you'll keep them and enjoy using them. The color goes with lots of trees. Enjoy your find!

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I do plan to keep them. I was just curious.
They might be thin-walled production pots, but they're very high quality, and on my budget the best I'll be able to afford for some time.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Something about seeing things exactly the same in different sizes makes me want to stack them up and smash them down!

I would sell them and buy one better pot, up that budget.

Sorce

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Something about seeing things exactly the same in different sizes makes me want to stack them up and smash them down!

I would sell them and buy one better pot, up that budget.

Sorce
But then I'd only have one pot.
Anyway I'd probably just be tempted to do something responsible with the money like pay my bills or something 😆

Top Bottom