Pot for sale

mwar15

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
This is my latest pot. I’m very happy and proud of it. I haven’t really sold pots on here yet because I wanted my standards to get to a certain point

I struggle pricing my pots. I value the membership here. So, I will put it up for sale here for about a week then I will take it to FB auction to try and sell. Mainly I want to see what the market value for my pots are.

This is a tradition rectangle. Slanted sides, wide lip/rim. Dimensions are in the photo, if you need more let me know. I have a video but would have to email that.

The color is a not a glaze, it has rough texture similar to fine sandpaper. It is black with some shuttle browns. It is not solid, you will see on the underside.

fired to cone 6 and held for 30 minutes. The clay I used is meant for outdoor titles.
E6FB66C2-0FA3-4F90-A4C9-590C3E0C7C7C.jpeg3EB5F1A1-4868-4404-B00D-5B75AC36B1C9.jpeg95C8B509-3802-4AEE-8D41-BF680245D761.jpeg244F718F-0B9C-49F3-A41D-641CE750745E.jpeg6059EAC5-968B-4368-B78D-8BA64D887BDF.jpeg4E6CA738-6C7A-4001-8000-A003A1315EED.jpeg88908010-1BF2-4B1C-B45D-C75A1C951B4C.jpeg7C4EA060-7F73-48FF-A21D-D9855B8452DC.jpeg
$150 shipped flat rate USA, outside of the USA check with me.

Lorax7

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Nice pot!

One suggestion regarding photography if you're planning on selling a lot of stuff online - color calibration can really help to make sure that the customer's expectations are met. In the photos where you used the pink/purple background, the pot appears black, as you described it. However, in the first 2 pictures where the pot is on the canvas tarp, the pot appears to be more of a brownish gray. There are color references that you can use when taking pictures that can be used afterward in your photo editing software such as Lightroom or Photoshop to correct the colors in the digitial photo, setting the correct white balance and removing color casts, so that what appears on the screen looks just like the real physical object. Here's one such a color calibration tool. This happens to be the one that I use for my digital photography work, although I'm sure there are other brands out there. Basically, whenever you're taking photos, you just take an extra photo of the calibration reference under the same lighting conditions and with the same camera lens and aperture settings that you're using for the thing you're taking pictures of. Afterwards, some software analyzes the photo of the calibration reference and uses that information to color correct the other photos.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
That’s nice!

I missed this one.

Hard to imagine I scrolled past something that said “Pot for sale”

...far out, man.

I love the darker, Onyx or Obsidian-like finish.

You KNOW i’m (monetarily) poor....

Buuuut..

BUMP!

August44

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Nice pot! I have never understood why seller don't just tell us what size the pot is, inside and out verses the many pictures of the pot and a ruler, that is, in most cases, not real understandable. So simple and much quicker IMO.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Nice pot! I have never understood why seller don't just tell us what size the pot is, inside and out verses the many pictures of the pot and a ruler, that is, in most cases, not real understandable. So simple and much quicker IMO.
I actually appreciate it because it helps me visualize scale. @mwar15 your work continues to improve.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If you were a potter listing pots it would be clearer. From a seller's standpoint I find it preferable to show rather than state the sizes, but I understand what you are saying. My pots would require many estimated measurements because they are all asymmetrical.
And of great importance is the fact that a ruler doesn't exaggerate. It follows a cardinal rule of selling; what you see is what you get.

mwar15

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
I thought about that but there is no real rule on which dimension. For example: do I give the interior at the top? Or at the bottom? Or both? Then multiple that for the outside, do I go from the feet or the base?

I get what your saying, I give dimensions if it’s a simple pot but I rather just show pictures, it’s worth a thousand words

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I am just not going to do FB, but that's on me.
I turned my back on News Media and Online Social Networking when my Oldest Son was in Utero, as a Social Experiment.. to see how much OTHERS would change “around me”...

...I’ve never looked back.

even BNut feels a little like “cheating on my morals”.. but I love you guys too much NOW.

🤓🤣🤪

Top Bottom