Pot Making forum

JeffS73

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
How about it - a pot making forum? Pot making feels very distinct from 'Pots', it would make browsing topics easier and there seem to be quite a few people making or interested in the pot making process. I can't find another repository of this niche information anywhere else on the 'net either. Like if you agree!

Cue an unnecessary image of my first pot to beef up this post.

20220106_115527.jpg

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Seems we are creeping into the realm of having enough people to make this possible.

I would have any potters go tag their pot making thread with a "pot making" or something that works to find them all, so they may be moved into a category, or searched in total if we can't make a seperate forum yet.

Sorce

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I just update my thread tags with @sorce suggestion......

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I just update my thread tags with @sorce suggestion......

Kind of a bitch to find em....

Magnify Glass, Advanced search, Green band swipe to the end for search tags, Capture+_2022-01-06-09-10-05.png

But it certainly worked!

Never knew how to search tags!

Sorce

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Kind of a bitch to find em....

Magnify Glass, Advanced search, Green band swipe to the end for search tags, View attachment 414737

But it certainly worked!

Never knew how to search tags!

Sorce
It took me a minute myself to locate the tag search. I wanted to test my tags after I updated the thread, it works good.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Type "axe" into the tag search bar! Lol!

Sorce

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Great idea! So great... it has been done :)

I would like this to include wood, concrete, and training pots as well.

With them all being transferred to this forum over time.

I guess having the starters of these threads post the link to them here would be the easiest way to get this done?

Sorce

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I would like this to include wood, concrete, and training pots as well.

With them all being transferred to this forum over time.

I guess having the starters of these threads post the link to them here would be the easiest way to get this done?

Sorce
I went back and grabbed as many pot-making threads as I could find over the last five years and moved them all over.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Right on top of things, as usual!

Something about what we see as small that's actually not but can't be seen as big by the provider because his heart is too large and his mind too organized to consider it as small and big things are provided. Proving once again, over and over, that this is the best place on the internet. Period.

What tree?
Love who?
What I see in me...
I find present in you.

Sorce

NaoTK

Chumono
Reaction score
It could be just me but posts in the pot making sub forum aren't showing up on the "Home" page but do show up on "Forums" and "New posts"

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I went back and grabbed as many pot-making threads as I could find over the last five years and moved them all over.
@Bonsai Nut I noticed my thread no longer shows up on the 'Latest Posts' after posting a new post to it. Is this normal?

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@Bonsai Nut I noticed my thread no longer shows up on the 'Latest Posts' after posting a new post to it. Is this normal?
I guess he really does not like pot post, and made the pots forum a "no notifications" forum :p

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I guess he really does not like pot post, and made the pots forum a "no notifications" forum :p
It shouldn't be. It uses the same permissions as the "Pots" forum directly above it.

[EDIT] I just checked, and not only are the settings correct, but my posts in this forum show up (for me) in New Posts. In cases where people are having problems, it is many times related to their cookie settings and/or the device they are using and cached versus updated site data. [/EDIT]

Last edited:

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
It shouldn't be. It uses the same permissions as the "Pots" forum directly above it.

[EDIT] I just checked, and not only are the settings correct, but my posts in this forum show up (for me) in New Posts. In cases where people are having problems, it is many times related to their cookie settings and/or the device they are using and cached versus updated site data. [/EDIT]
@Bonsai Nut I just posted again on my mame thread and it doesn't show on the 'Latest posts'.

I also noticed this a while back on the 5yr Azalea contest threads. Before the threads were moved over to the sub forum they would show. The moment they moved they don't show anymore. So unless a person specifically goes to the sub forum they would never know those threads exist. The only way to see those threads is to go to the sub forum directly. Those that posted previously do get a notification of a new post.

Is there a way to get the threads to show back up on the 'Latest Posts' list? I did log off the app but nothing changed. When I click on the lightning bolt to update the list it doesn't show either the latest post on the mame thread.

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
They show up for me, so I don't know where the problem lies.

[EDIT] Fixed. All it took was a second cup of coffee :) There are three separate sections of code that generate "New Posts" lists in different parts of the site. Two of them were working properly, but one needed a little coaxing. :) It was working for the old forums, but not the new ones. All taken care of! [/EDIT]

Last edited:
Top Bottom