Pot Matching for Trident

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Then counter that with a feminine type tree with an informal pot with a feminine feel. Soft curving sides or a lotus shape. Tall sides with smooth clay and inturned edges. I feel these pots do nothing for the image and in fact make them look rather boring.

Attachments

• DSC_00132.JPG
    DSC_00132.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC_002312.JPG
    DSC_002312.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC_008170.JPG
    DSC_008170.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 17

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Anyone notice anything about this tree, pot, and stand combo?

Attachments

• 02.JPG
    02.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 34

kakejiku

Chumono
Reaction score
That may be true when talking about a scroll

No, actually this concept is pretty universal among different Japanese art forms. Calligraphy (Kaisho, Gyousho and Sousho), painting styles, framing the painting etc....And as I referenced above with Gadou you first define formality by the tree and its styling. Then fit all other pieces based upon classifying the tree. And the rules in Gadou indicate that is why an oval, glazed pot is the best choice for this particular tree.

kakejiku

Chumono
Reaction score
Anyone notice anything about this tree, pot, and stand combo?
Bonsai: Gyou no Gyou
Hachi: Gyou no Gyou
Shoku: Without knowing what type of wood it is made of would probably classify as Gyou no Shin.

The straight vertical decorative bars and rectangular base shape provide a good contrast to the round oval, and the curve shaped in the tree trunk...

Q-Bonsai

Mame
Reaction score
Smoke, is there a resource I may turn to which discusses displays styles? I have spent an exhaustive amount of time looking for this information but have found a lot of convoluted information out there.

Top Bottom