Potomac Bonsai Association National Arb. Display contest

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
My bonsai buds from Gardens Unlimited had an entire wall of the exhibit building during the PBA display contest. What they put together certainly had the bonsai matrons clutching their pearls. I don't think the Gardens Unlimited display was in the actual contest, which was pretty sedate--I didn't get photos of that since I had limited time and spent it talking with people in the exhibit hall--perhaps someone has photos of the contest displays they can post here.

Anyway here are photos of the "non traditional" display wall.

Attachments

• bobtoddall.jpg
    bobtoddall.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 31
  • bobtoddelmdrift.jpg
    bobtoddelmdrift.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 31
  • bobtoddexright.jpg
    bobtoddexright.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 31
  • bobtoodskate.jpg
    bobtoodskate.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 34

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
more

Attachments

• bobtoddskatedetail.jpg
    bobtoddskatedetail.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 34
  • bobtoddacent.jpg
    bobtoddacent.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 33
  • bobtoddpine.jpg
    bobtoddpine.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 29

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
By the way, if you think they were copying the skateboard deck bonsai art from the Pacific Bonsai Museum, you'd be wrong. They're not on the Internet and don't follow online bonsai stuff much...

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
The trees are quite nice actually. Not a fan of the tree on the skateboard, but I don't mind the different display items that are shown along with the trees. I think the skateboard would be fine too if it weren't used as a stand. But it's someones interpretation of artistry, so who am I to judge.
I like the display as a whole.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Bonus pics--a few suiseki that are a regular part of the Arb's collection. I thought they were displayed in a very tasteful "western" way with accompanying North American wildlife bronzes. The leaping trout juxtaposed with the waterfall stone and cataract water stone in the background is particularly nice, I thought.
exhibit9.jpgexhibit8.jpg

Top Bottom