Pots by Nao Tokutake: photo thread (in use!)

parhamr

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Like other photo thread rules: don’t make a post in here unless it has a photo! Except, it has to be a pot you own, by Nao Tokutake, and it has to be in use. I’d love to see what y’all have!

I’ll start:
9D692800-3E30-4FA5-8748-263AAF5BAC72.jpeg
This is a Red Huckleberry in a modest lil pot by Nao. I think I bought it from him in late 2018.

I have a few other Tokutake pots but they’re not yet in use. Hopefully I’ll correct that soon enough!

Last edited:

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Like other photo thread rules: don’t make a post in here unless it has a photo! Except, it has to be a pot you own, by Nao Tokutake, and it has to be in use. I’d love to see what y’all have!

I’ll start:
View attachment 367849
This is a Red Huckleberry in a modest lil pot by Nao. I think I bought it from him in late 2018.

I have a few other Tokutake pots but they’re not yet in use. Hopefully I’ll correct that soon enough!

@NaoTK is that a Praseodymium Yella?

I need a yella like that.

Sorce

BonsaiDTLA

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Dang! Y’all making me want more pots. Guess it’s time to get some more pots..

NaoTK

Mame
Reaction score
it has to be a pot you own, by Nao Tokutake
Thank you Reid, what a great idea to support potters everywhere!

This is a princess persimmon forest I recently put together in a 26" tray by some loser
1618345755423.png

@NaoTK is that a Praseodymium Yella?
No I cheated. It's a barium iron yellow with some stain added! I do want to try that praseodymium look. Nickel looks really good too.

rustygarden

Seedling
Reaction score
One of his practice pots for one of my practice trees . I love it . How's my pot coming for my winged elm ,ha ha ?

NaoTK

Mame
Reaction score
One of his practice pots for one of my practice trees . I love it . How's my pot coming for my winged elm ,ha ha ?
Oof! Did that crack happen after you bought it? Your pot has been made, but its just waiting for an empty spot in the kiln because its soo big.

rustygarden

Seedling
Reaction score
No , I bought your pot that way . Like I said I love it . Thx

rustygarden

Seedling
Reaction score
And I will say your pot has been through 2 winters even our nasty 2 inch freezing rain , no problems .