Pots by Nao Tokutake: photo thread (in use!)

parhamr

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Like other photo thread rules: don’t make a post in here unless it has a photo! Except, it has to be a pot you own, by Nao Tokutake, and it has to be in use. I’d love to see what y’all have!

I’ll start:
9D692800-3E30-4FA5-8748-263AAF5BAC72.jpeg
This is a Red Huckleberry in a modest lil pot by Nao. I think I bought it from him in late 2018.

I have a few other Tokutake pots but they’re not yet in use. Hopefully I’ll correct that soon enough!

Last edited:

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Like other photo thread rules: don’t make a post in here unless it has a photo! Except, it has to be a pot you own, by Nao Tokutake, and it has to be in use. I’d love to see what y’all have!

I’ll start:
View attachment 367849
This is a Red Huckleberry in a modest lil pot by Nao. I think I bought it from him in late 2018.

I have a few other Tokutake pots but they’re not yet in use. Hopefully I’ll correct that soon enough!

@NaoTK is that a Praseodymium Yella?

I need a yella like that.

Sorce

NaoTK

Chumono
Reaction score
it has to be a pot you own, by Nao Tokutake
Thank you Reid, what a great idea to support potters everywhere!

This is a princess persimmon forest I recently put together in a 26" tray by some loser
1618345755423.png

@NaoTK is that a Praseodymium Yella?
No I cheated. It's a barium iron yellow with some stain added! I do want to try that praseodymium look. Nickel looks really good too.

NaoTK

Chumono
Reaction score
One of his practice pots for one of my practice trees . I love it . How's my pot coming for my winged elm ,ha ha ?
Oof! Did that crack happen after you bought it? Your pot has been made, but its just waiting for an empty spot in the kiln because its soo big.

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Incredible pots and glazes @NaoTK . Also really enjoyed your chat with Ryan Neil recently.

August44

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
A very generous gift from Nao . Love both the pot and the hawthorns . Pot is approximately 25 inches by 10.5 x 2.3/4 deep . Get his pots while you can . Thx again Friend .
Nice pot and Hawthorne. Did you collect the Hawthorne?

August44

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I collected the hawthorn at a MAX station near my house. They grow like weeds in Oregon, as you know.

Trident by Dennis V.
View attachment 384938
View attachment 384939
You're lucky! I have no "weeds" like that over in this area that I am aware of. I did collect 4 bigger ones in late spring with Idaho collectors. They are struggling with the weather now. I have them tented and in almost all shade, plus mist twice per day. Three look good but the big one, not so much. Love to find a bunch of seedlings like you have.

Top Bottom