Pots from my last pottery class

Jcmmaple

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It has definitely been a journey and loads of fun, I will be doing more and hopefully in the future get better and join some of the potters. Some didn’t turn out as colorful as planned or some has flaws, but over time I will get better. The oval is my favorite of the bunch, funny thing is I thought I made a mistake picking the color. I added 1 coat of green in a few places, man this thing is amazing. I have to learn how to make feet as well, you potters out there are legends. I knew going in it wasn’t going to be easy, it was harder than it looks. Hope you guys enjoy and who knows maybe I will be selling one day. CCE1AE1C-6D90-40F1-8F35-4D0528545BF4.jpeg1AE52B6F-E7BC-4E56-9650-85A1158C6A25.jpegDE574ED5-7832-4448-8C1E-24303E6A4553.jpegAD04A005-A2BB-4756-B44F-DF1176F625BB.jpeg78E85C10-C21A-4E3A-B687-E9AFFD77ABB9.jpeg9A498D59-CF75-4C6F-B505-861102378293.jpeg

thebonsaiproject

Yamadori
Reaction score
#1 came out real nice. I like how the pot is a curved shape but the texture is opposite (sharp). I like the height : width scale of #5 and #6. I feel like oval and rectangle would be so much harder then round

Jcmmaple

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Well I don’t know about rounds yet, I will be taking a throwing class hopefully next month. I don’t know what happened to the wall of the rectangle, but it came on a little. I made the last 2 for forest plantings for my maples, they are pretty shallow. The first one was suppose to be a brighter blue, but I guess I didn’t have the glaze thick enough.

W3rk

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
It has definitely been a journey and loads of fun, I will be doing more and hopefully in the future get better and join some of the potters. Some didn’t turn out as colorful as planned or some has flaws, but over time I will get better. The oval is my favorite of the bunch, funny thing is I thought I made a mistake picking the color. I added 1 coat of green in a few places, man this thing is amazing. I have to learn how to make feet as well, you potters out there are legends. I knew going in it wasn’t going to be easy, it was harder than it looks. Hope you guys enjoy and who knows maybe I will be selling one day. View attachment 455326View attachment 455327View attachment 455328View attachment 455329View attachment 455330View attachment 455331
That glaze on your oval came out nice. Keep it up, have fun and good luck.

thebonsaiproject

Yamadori
Reaction score
Well I don’t know about rounds yet, I will be taking a throwing class hopefully next month. I don’t know what happened to the wall of the rectangle, but it came on a little. I made the last 2 for forest plantings for my maples, they are pretty shallow. The first one was suppose to be a brighter blue, but I guess I didn’t have the glaze thick enough.
You've done well, keep it up

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Groovy, indeed!!!

Your work... It uh .. reminds me A LOT of my own work, that first year. When I was digging and processing... Learning every facet....

Like an unreal amount... This makes me more partial to it!

This "get better and join the ranks of potters" - stuff is counterproductive in thought... And leads me to believe that you are too hard on yourself. That's no good! 🤓

So .. even though YOU don't need it, and I'M nothing special .....

There's room under my spongey, yellow wing.

If you'd like, you can PM me and we can talk clay stuff .... If not... Just .. don't, I guess! 😂😂😂 no ting eda way!

But I'm going to ask a BILLION questions at first about your clay bodies, fabrication techniques and firing methods...

So let's baseline ..

What clay bodies do you like to use? Do you know their composition?

Do you fabricate your own glazes,?

Do you build ONE specific way? (Wheel, coil, slab, mold, templates ect.) Do you mix it up?

Do you get a chance to fire pieces yourself? If not, who fires them, and do you know how?

🤓

Eckhoffw

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
I really like them. They are small, which is NOT a bad thing.
I only mention it because I remember getting back my first batch of post fired pots. I was shocked by the shrinkage!🤣

Eckhoffw

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
@Eckhoffw yes I’m now regretting not making it deeper but I know now, I still love them.
Yeah, my oval pots ended up more like oval trays. I like them, but will need to have Something with very shallow roots to use them.
Your pots have lots of character. 👍

Top Bottom