Pots with a Greater Purpose.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It's not what Bonsai Nut can do for you......

It's what can We do for ....?

My previous attempts at using this; pedestal, platform, "high horse", special nickname, leveled up, blah blah blah, to do something helpful, haven't gained as much ground as I wish they would have, so rather than just open with it, I want to kick this around a bit with the community. Maybe even pull someone out of our very woodworks to give some kind of a leg-up to, especially during these fucked up times.

So I made this pot that made me cry. "Damaged", a move back into my Hip-Hop series. I called it that because my Sorceress calls herself that. The truth of it certainly takes it's toll. She didn't know this when she told me I shouldn't call it that, because, "people are going to think it's broke". It started becoming something more at that point. It's not broke, the question is, does it have healing powers? When I pulled it out of the kiln, I broke down, I decided it's fate is to prevent itself.

Anyway, I know how hard it is to come up with the $60 a month it takes to get some counseling when you need it, so I want to do something to help a or many families that can use the help to keep 2 parents in the house for the kids. If it's just auctioning this pot and donating randomly, or starting a go fund me for ( ......), I would like to make a Difference in our Name, the Bonsai Nut community.

Thoughts?

Do you think we can keep one child from becoming.............

._DSC0495.JPG

PM me if you need to.

Comment a Donation Pledge before we figure a plan.

I'll Pledge $50 myself since I got new pots out, but don't tell the Sorceress!

Love Ya'll.

Sorce

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I can do $100, for the project, not the pot.

We should come up with something I can make .....it is Mike right? I tend to forget Mikes. I forget Gerry's cuz that's my brother's name, and I keep calling Bjorn's guy "the kid in the hat" cuz my son's name is Cameron.🤭

Sorce

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I applaud the sentiment Sorce. There is so much need in the world right now with everything going on.
We do need more people that can to step up and help the less fortunate around us.

I for one have been fortunate in that this pandemic has not touched me much personally.
We have been healthy and have I have been employed since the pandemic started.
However my husband's business had to apply for the Federal PPP monies to keep his business afloat.
He got that assistance and has been able to keep his employees employed.

I got my federal stimulus check a couple of weeks ago and I looked at it when I opened the envelope.
I felt guilty that I had received one considering I have been getting my paycheck the whole time.
I started thinking about what I could do.

There are many people where I live that are having a hard time feeding their families because they have lost their jobs or their work has cut back.
I sent the entire amount of the stimulus check to a local food bank that is feeding people that have been having trouble.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You are so Kind @Paradox.

I heard some stories on NPR from folks that have been affected hard. I haven't really been affected much either, except for the kids' school, so I'm feeling a little guilty myself.

Sorce

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I can't add anything fiscally, so I'd like to add some of my work to sweeten the pot. I'm not entirely sure if there will be a winner drawn or how Sorce wants to handle that, but add one of my steel pots to the mix.

Attachments

• pot 2.jpg
    pot 2.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 23
  • pot 3.jpg
    pot 3.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 21
  • pot 4.jpg
    pot 4.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 21
  • pot.jpg
    pot.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 24

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I reckon we'll Auction em.

Thank you sir.

I was hoping to hear some ideas on what the hell we are doing here!

Is there a good cause we can help anywhere?
Texas?

So check this out.... Yesterday, we're driving home from the park and see this Old Lady walking half clothed with 2 different shoes, leaning against a tree looking sick. My Sorceress went to go see if she was OK. Turns out she had Dimentia and couldn't find home. Shame we had to call 911, even the Ambulance Drivers treated her inhumane.

I'm not against helping old people.

Thanks!

Sorce

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Bumping this cuz I been Bumped in a PM!

Still looking for Ideas....I know someone is connected to a charity somehow!

I was watching my guy the other day...

Who's both...in Texas AND has worked with families in similar situations, so I'm leaning towards Tehando again.

Maybe some other Potters want to donate pots with a greater purpose and we can go hard on a thing like they do those food drives with bowls.

Maybe raise some $ for @AZbonsai school kids' bonsai program?

Let's go!

Did I mention everytime I do this, I receive, we'll call it "fates", that double my investment?

I'd be happy to fire some pots for you kilnless folks of you ain't scared to ship Greenware! Don't be! I rode Greenware to the woofire kiln in my saddlebags!

#packupsotheydon'tcrackup!

#getinvolved

#freepotshippedtothenextdonationofanyamountfromtheUSA

Sorce

Sekibonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Love that you are stepping up.

I will often throw at those of a certain side-leaning that it is not up to the government to be helping people. Cost us a trillion to produce a billion of help. If everyone picked one issue in their community and worked on it things would would get better. "Love thy neighbor..." if you will. Not paying someone else to do it for you. Get yer hands dirty.

Jim "Bonsai" Stone
President and Board Chairman
Defenders of Children, Inc.
A 501C3 advocating for abused children

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Maybe raise some $ for @AZbonsai school kids' bonsai program?
You know @sorce really appreciate you thinking about the kids! But I have to tell you, everyone has already donated at the office! Schools are getting a ton of money right now for creative ways to close the gap in education created by Covid shutdowns. Our kids are good this year and I am looking forward to a great Bonsai Academy with them this summer. REALLY APPRECIATE IT!

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Well Hell if it ain't Texas then!

Damned if the Problems ain't bigger too!

Alright.

Post these pots.

I'll have a couple few more.

Sorce

TinyArt

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
When will you be firing? Is there time for fresh clay to dry—and how much drying is enough to ship safely? I’ve just received white clay that can be fired to cone 6, and I’m game to pinch some mame pots...

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
When will you be firing? Is there time for fresh clay to dry—and how much drying is enough to ship safely? I’ve just received white clay that can be fired to cone 6, and I’m game to pinch some mame pots...

Dope!

I'm firing every 2 weeks latest!

I've been putting everything under 3 or 4 inches right on the furnace. Dry in a day!
Never seen ill effects on things shrinking so little.

As long as they're under like half inch thick in any spot they'll survive.

You fitting to glaze em?

You want me to?

Fun!

Sorce

TinyArt

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Dope!

I'm firing every 2 weeks latest!

I've been putting everything under 3 or 4 inches right on the furnace. Dry in a day!
Never seen ill effects on things shrinking so little.

As long as they're under like half inch thick in any spot they'll survive.

You fitting to glaze em?

You want me to?

Fun!

Sorce
A-ha!

I’d be glad to have you glaze them, thanks!

More on this tomorrow, when I’m more awake...

— Amy

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have a dope woofire pot from my buddy at the Ceramic Supply for auction. He's studied in China and at University. Uncountable woodfire experience.

Shot Chuck Iker an email too, so Like last time, he's probably in, if not, I can move my Iker count down one for the cause.

@mwar15 , overseas cats, @Mihai or anyone else willing to ship outside the US is welcome to send me pics and shipping capabilities, I will hold the Auctions seperately with detailed instructions, so those of us outside the US may participate anyway possible.

Please remember the possibility that one of these children can very well be the one that figures out world peace. So the benefits aren't localized!

Love Y'all for making this happen with me!

@Sekibonsai if you'd like to outline more information about your charity, it would be welcomed. Also, please send me a PM so we can work out details.

Sorce

TinyArt

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
A-ha!

I’d be glad to have you glaze them, thanks!

More on this tomorrow, when I’m more awake...

— Amy
It’s been an overtired sort of week — but for sound reasons.
Woke up & thought “On top of the FURNACE...”
New England native, presently living in FL. No furnace. 😳
Next AM, woke up & remembered this clay air-dries in a couple of days. Duh.
(Now, to go back to sleep. Play with clay this afternoon!)

— Amy

Top Bottom