Potting Seedings?

Nate77

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Guess my search skills have gotten rusty,

I have some seedlings and cuttings.
The seeds were planted in the same pot , the pot seems to be filling up quick.

Should I separate these and put in thier own pot? Leave them alone?
20220804_155856.jpg

Also have around 5 willow cuttings, can these be planted in the same container or should I plant in their own containers?
20220805_184839.jpg

Again sorry if this has been asked and covered , I couldn't find anything threw search.

Thanks nate

Srt8madness

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Well unless you want to have 1 Willow plant with 5 stems, I'd do those separately. For the other, it's going to be tough to separate and keep them alive.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Well unless you want to have 1 Willow plant with 5 stems, I'd do those separately. For the other, it's going to be tough to separate and keep them alive.
I agree with both the above comments. I would consider growing the BRTs as a clump. They sometimes resent having their rots messed with. I nearly lost one I grew and developed from seed when I went to re-pot it. After looking dead a couple months it finally got over it and is doing fine now.

Arch1

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
I had a bunch of seedlings grow a while back that were like that, and tried separating them. It did not end well. Think it's better they be left as is.
Also, are those Brazilian rain tree seedlings (Pithecellobium Tortum - been trying to find where to get those for a while now)?

Nate77

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I had a bunch of seedlings grow a while back that were like that, and tried separating them. It did not end well. Think it's better they be left as is.
Also, are those Brazilian rain tree seedlings (Pithecellobium Tortum - been trying to find where to get those for a while now)?
They are silk mimosa, they were free in a "kit"

Haven't changed anything and they are look horrible today.

Top Bottom