Powder organic fertilizer

maroun.c

Omono
Reaction score
Not able to find pellet organic fertilizer, and shipping isn't an option due to regulations on organics import....
Have the following options:
-Organic powder fertilizer which I'm afraid would clog the soil.
-Organic fertilizer powder in a bucket and soaking it with water for few days then watering plants with that water. Not sure how much of the fertilizer would be going i. The water.
-using straight manure have access to goat manure which comes in pellet form but afraid of odors and pests it can bring
-using inorganic fertilizer

Thoughts and advise are appreciated

D

Deleted member 32750

Get some fillable tea bags and fill them with your powered fertilizer. No clogging with tea bags but it will if you just put powder on your soil.

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Goat manure is good stuff. Dry it for a couple days and then use it. Not too much though. Start with a single ball or so, see what happens.
High in fiber, which is super nice for your soil biome.

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
You should also be able to make the powdered fert into lumps. Mix to a stiff paste with water then scoop out teaspoons full and place those in the sun to dry. Store in sealed containers when fully dry.
Organic pellets break down into powder anyway so there's not much difference using pellets or powder form. Pretty sure the goat pellets will also break down as they decay and release nutrients too.
Teabags hold the waste so you can remove it easily. Many who use the pellets put them in tea bags.
Inorganic fert is also good. Pick a complete fert with all the nutrients and trace elements.

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I agree with @Shibui but since conifers prefer ammonia-based over nitrate-based, try to use as little water as possible when making pellets.
Better even to dry press them instead.. An old car jack between two immovable objects can be a great improvised press. I made hasj like that once.

Top Bottom