pre bonsai Mark

oso52

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I've made three different purchase from Mark Comstock, this included taxum, two Japanese maples and a mystery box that included 12 different starter material. You get what you pay for with Mark Comstock...great material (more that just pre bonsai) for your dollar.

whfarro

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Does this man have site?

He is only on Facebook (Mark Comstock or Pre-bonsai Mark). Look him up and PM him with what you are looking for. https://www.facebook.com/mark.comstock.5283

He has a good variety of species. His starts all have great roots that are truly on the path to bonsai. His prices are reasonable. I have picked up some well established maples from him in the past year. Earlier this spring I ordered a "mystery box" as well from him. I got 14 starts for $100. It included 2 boxwood cultivars, a Japanese Red Pine, Japanese Maples, Junipers, Elms, Hinoki and taxus. All are now in nursery pots or pond baskets and doing great.

His nursery is in CT if you want to visit. I don't know what area you are from. It is helpful if you update your profile.

Last edited:

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I have several of Marks trees and they are good quality, grown for bonsai purposes. The downside is that he has no website to browse. Contacting him through facebook is hit or miss. I could be wrong but I think the guy is kind of like a one man show and he is probably inundated with requests through Facebook. It's gotta be tough to get inquiries all the time through your phone while trying to take care and manage all the plants.

He's got good stuff though, lots of ungrafted JM in the past. I'm waiting to hear back from him myself!!! just give it some time and keep following up once a week or so.

discusmike

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I believe its just Mark,his son n wife helping with the nursery,keep trying he will get back with you.

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I have several of Marks trees and they are good quality, grown for bonsai purposes. The downside is that he has no website to browse. Contacting him through facebook is hit or miss. I could be wrong but I think the guy is kind of like a one man show and he is probably inundated with requests through Facebook. It's gotta be tough to get inquiries all the time through your phone while trying to take care and manage all the plants.

He's got good stuff though, lots of ungrafted JM in the past. I'm waiting to hear back from him myself!!! just give it some time and keep following up once a week or so.
I thought so, but it seems to be a large nursery so I figured he had to have some sort of help with the facebook.

What do you mean follow it up?

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
What do you mean follow it up?

I just meant send him a message and wait a few days for him to respond. If no response after a week, send another message.

FrankP999

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
He sells on the various bonsai auction groups on Facebook. I bought a large kashima maple from him that had killer roots. Recommended highly!

Dave E

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
are the trees in the "mystery box" seedlings or are they a little more established

gar732

Sapling
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the name of his nursery? I'm in ct and would love to go and check things out. Unfortunately I don't do the Facebook thing so can try to get a hold of him that way.

whfarro

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
are the trees in the "mystery box" seedlings or are they a little more established
The ones in my mystery box were cuttings, well rooted and somewhat established. Pics of a couple of them.

Attachments

• IMAG1029.jpg
    IMAG1029.jpg
    379.6 KB · Views: 252
  • IMAG0888.jpg
    IMAG0888.jpg
    339.4 KB · Views: 253
  • IMAG0870.jpg
    IMAG0870.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 244
  • IMAG0925.jpg
    IMAG0925.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 279

whfarro

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
I have also picked up several well established pre-bonsai maples. Got this one in late February / early March.

Attachments

• IMAG0991.jpg
    IMAG0991.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 290

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
X2 Dave. I'm not getting much of a response either...

Gaitano

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
If you don't do Facebook he also sells sometimes on eBay. Search seller kingsvillegrower. Mark is a very busy and dedicated guy, you will not be disappointed.

Top Bottom