Pre bonsai

Reaction score
Where is the best place to get Pre bonsai for at a good price. I go to nursery's all the time but wondering where the best real pre bonsai trees you can get at a fair price. Hope to hear a lot of good suggestions.
Thanks
Kyle

Gilad

Yamadori
Reaction score
Mark Comstock. Hand-down. Check the Facebook pages of Bonsai auctions and Bonsai 99 cents. maybe few others. you can also FB message him . I got few 1 year old black pines and they were awesome. he also have an active webpage

PeaceLoveBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Not sure what you consider a "good price". Older material will generally cost you more...

Check out https://www.firstbranchbonsai.com/

He seems to have some nice old collected material. I haven't bought from him, but maybe some other Nutters have and can chime in.

fh05

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Mark Comstock. Hand-down. Check the Facebook pages of Bonsai auctions and Bonsai 99 cents. maybe few others. you can also FB message him . I got few 1 year old black pines and they were awesome. he also have an active webpage

Can you please give mark comstocks webpage address?

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Where is the best place to get Pre bonsai for at a good price. I go to nursery's all the time but wondering where the best real pre bonsai trees you can get at a fair price. Hope to hear a lot of good suggestions.
Thanks
Kyle
You might get better guidance if you provide some more info:
Where are you? There may be a bonsai nursery nearby.
What species/varieties are you searching for? Different nurseries have different specialties.
What price range are you shopping in? Bonsai shopping is like car shopping, "a fair price" is a highly subjective criteria.

Reaction score
Sorry, I am from Michigan, Detroit area. I have been to all the bonsai shops in the area. I like junipers, pines, and maples. I shop from free to 250/300 for pre bonsai.

Reaction score
Yes he is hunting right now. Lol I have talked to him a couple times. Waiting for things to slow down for him. But I hear he has awesome bonsai. Maybe some nice pre bonsai would be cool. When he slows down I will get at him again.

Random User

Reaction score
Im looking for older material. but thank you for his information

It's pretty easy really; if you live in the snow zone.

Take your $14,000.00 snowmobile and find a tree that has a 3" (or so) base... then take a run at that sucker at about 50 MHP and smack that frozen piece of lumber square between the skis... be sure to wear a helmet and a mouth guard.

After your bones knit back together and the stitches are out, it should be spring, and you can go out and dig that puppy up... instant pre-bonsai jamadori!

... if you're a real tough bastard (and your sled is too) hit it from a couple different angles... it will be easier to dig out of the ground that way...

BTW, when you're laying beside it waiting for the ambulance to come, you can think of what kind of style best suits it. :)

Last edited:

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It's pretty easy really; if you live in the snow zone.

Take your $14,000.00 snowmobile and find a tree that has a 3" (or so) base... then take a run at that sucker at about 50 MHP and smack that frozen piece of lumber square between the skis... be sure to wear a helmet and a mouth guard.

After your bones knit back together and the stitches are out, it should be spring, and you can go out and dig that puppy up... instant pre-bonsai jamadori!

... if you're a real tough bastard (and your sled is too) hit it from a couple different angles... it will be easier to dig out of the ground that way...

BTW, when you're laying beside it waiting for the ambulance to come, you can think of what kind of style best suits it. :)
I laughed so hard I made a little brown spot on my shorts.

Random User

Reaction score
... honestly, I don't see how this can be so difficult... free bonsai material, what more could you want. :)

Random User

Reaction score
... avoid Federal buildings and playgrounds, otherwise, most any place will do provided you can get a run at 'er...

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sorry, I am from Michigan, Detroit area. I have been to all the bonsai shops in the area. I like junipers, pines, and maples. I shop from free to 250/300 for pre bonsai.
You could try the Flower Market in Dundee Mi. Kurt has some pretty decent trees at Fair prices. He's has everything. Pots,wire,tools,soil components,books you name it. He has tropical and temperate trees.

Top Bottom