pre shimpaku bonsai

aziz ghasemi

Seedling
Reaction score
Hello friends
I have been researching and making small bonsai in recent four years . Here in Iran gardener graft shimpaku juniper to a pedestal tree and let it grow as a decorative tree in .I bought this shimpaku a few days a go,since
3 tall branches comes out almost in line from a 1 inch tall trunk , i thought could make a clump or a forest bonsai out of it. please give your advise when to wire(here in Tehran iran weather temp in august is around
90 to 95 F).should i wire while the tree is in this pot ,or wait till next spring then repot and wire at the same
time.Appreciate your guidance.
Thanks aziz

Attachments

• 20150808_123823.jpg
    20150808_123823.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 66

Cypress187

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I think it has to grow more and those branches you wire now will get cut maybe so i wouldn't wire, it could also weaken the plant / damage the cambium when bending which impairs growing. But im very bad in conifers so you shouldn't take my word for it.

michaelj

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I read in the paper that Tehran had a heat index in the 160s last week. How brutal was that on your trees? How often do you have to water in those temperatures?

aziz ghasemi

Seedling
Reaction score
I water my trees and bonsai once a day at 90 to 100 f.

aziz ghasemi

Seedling
Reaction score
Hi Michael J
Can you believe some species such my bougainvillia bonsai flower when the weather temp here in Iran Tehran city is 95 to 100F.The attached photo taken
30 minute ago.Seems hot weather means beauty and life for some species.

Attachments

• 20150814_160259.jpg
    20150814_160259.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 41
Reaction score
Hi Michael J
Can you believe some species such my bougainvillia bonsai flower when the weather temp here in Iran Tehran city is 95 to 100F.The attached photo taken
30 minute ago.Seems hot weather means beauty and life for some species.

It looks like your bougie may be getting a little chlorotic. If the leaves look like they're starting to yellow, while the veins remain green, it needs chelated iron. I'd advise either a fertilizer with it already (i.e. Bougain) or supplementing pure chelated iron. You can use it as a foliar spray for quick results.

aziz ghasemi

Seedling
Reaction score
Hi maverick
Thanks noticing me.Here i have to use tap water, and this could be the reason of yellow leaves i will use iron supplement as soon
Best luck aziz ghasemi

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
No offense aziz, but in a past life we were advised to never view or download pics originating in glorious islamist republics such as iran. I really do hope your shimp errr bougie errr whatever never sees 5000k, but if they do best of luck on a personal basis. Where is this site hosted?, #lmfatfo

mat

Chumono
Reaction score
No offense aziz, but in a past life we were advised to never view or download pics originating in glorious islamist republics such as iran. I really do hope your shimp errr bougie errr whatever never sees 5000k, but if they do best of luck on a personal basis. Where is this site hosted?, #lmfatfo

What are you talking about?

aziz ghasemi

Seedling
Reaction score
Dear Quite
I really do not understand your way of talking.I seems that Your judgment about Iran is based on media information and and political propaganda,
prior to judge about a nation and its people you should have knowledge acquired by your self,not second or third or 100th hand info.I insure you my
little bouigi is just a sign of my love for every human regardless of nationality, religion and what ever makes men apart.Please download it, i am not spam.
I appreciate this forum that found me lovely friends, sharing their knowledge and experiences about bonsai and spreading their loves to each other.
With love aziz ghasemi
my email aghasemiar@yahoo.com

klosi

Shohin
Reaction score
Beautifull bougainvillia Aziz!
Also healthy looking shimpaku, you should take a picture of the base of this tree. The trunk and main branches. This way experienced memebers of this forum will be able to help you. Good luck.

aziz ghasemi

Seedling
Reaction score
Dear Klosi
Thanks, you are right , i will take a clear photo showing shimpaku base and trunk and share it to help.
Best for you

Top Bottom