Precision tool inquiries

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I am in need of surgical nano tweezers, the smallest I can get. Does anyone have a precision sheet metal house employee as family? I don’t know if there is a market already so I figured I’d start asking. They would need to be titanium .05 millimeter or so in diameter.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Look for entomology scientific lab tools -they exist, I’ve used them but didn’t order them.
I will try bioquip on Monday thank you it seems that business is gone the way of NAFTA like mine. Problem is I think they are just going to produce insect forceps which are still too big.

LittleDingus

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I am in need of surgical nano tweezers, the smallest I can get. Does anyone have a precision sheet metal house employee as family? I don’t know if there is a market already so I figured I’d start asking. They would need to be titanium .05 millimeter or so in diameter.
I'm curious. What about bonsai requires tweezers so small?

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Bioquip instruments are legit and reliable but perhaps not the very best.

If willing to invest, the tools you may be looking for are not cheap, but I suppose that’s tools in general. I don’t handle them much anymore, but when I did a good set of forceps were coveted like ones knives in a kitchen, especially that precise...maybe something like these could serve your work?:

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thank you! Would you get a better cut with the Foerster in your opinion? Seems a big jump but if I can pinch cut tissue better it’s worth it.440F3556-92F4-4F21-A745-8212B1B7E40B.png

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Thank you! Would you get a better cut with the Foerster in your opinion? Seems a big jump but if I can pinch cut tissue better it’s worth it.View attachment 335220
I would select one of the others. The pinch cuts I have done on this micro-level were for insect and flower tissue and I always strayed away from the foerster style.

The others I found more ergonomic in the hand and also allowed for easier movement at any axis within the fingers. The flat plane of the foerster can force ease of access to what you’re working with into the wrist rather than greater precision of fingertips at any angle -kinda like eating with chopsticks rather than tongs.

Also, the other styles are more meaty and feel like you can put more pressure on them -this is subjective though and could be more of a feel thing rather than the actual comparison-strength of the two styles.

Hope that helps. Interesting question here I honestly never really thought about but just found through process -evidently surgeons apply next level intricacies and I even found some scientific papers on precision tool use and specific type, I never had this level training. In the methods of botanical and entomological papers it never says a tool type I can recall, more so something along the lines of -with forceps, staminodes were placed in....
Surgeons think they’re so fancy with their “training”...Human biology, barf😂😂😂

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I would select one of the others. The pinch cuts I have done on this micro-level were for insect and flower tissue and I always strayed away from the foerster style.

The others I found more ergonomic in the hand and also allowed for easier movement at any axis within the fingers. The flat plane of the foerster can force ease of access to what you’re working with into the wrist rather than greater precision of fingertips at any angle -kinda like eating with chopsticks rather than tongs.

Also, the other styles are more meaty and feel like you can put more pressure on them -this is subjective though and could be more of a feel thing rather than the actual comparison-strength of the two styles.

Hope that helps. Interesting question here I honestly never really thought about but just found through process -evidently surgeons apply next level intricacies and I even found some scientific papers on precision tool use and specific type, I never had this level training. In the methods of botanical and entomological papers it never says a tool type I can recall, more so something along the lines of -with forceps, staminodes were placed in....
Surgeons think they’re so fancy with their “training”...Human biology, barf😂😂😂
Self teaching myself here with just a HS diploma, I am having fun with tissue on this scale. Maybe I will be able to offer something new on it one day, I suppose that’s how it’s done mostly. I really appreciate you going out of the way and how lucky I was you saw the post! You will be the first to see. Thank you Jim!

Top Bottom