Prices Paid for Quality Shohin

Thomas J.

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
In one of the other threads someone mentioned the price paid for a quality shohin. After that I believe someone stated that the price you pay for a tree and whether or not you got a good deal, is what you think the tree is worth. I believe those were the words anyway.
Well here's some prices paid by various individuals over the past few months for some quality JBP. shohin.
#1: $750
#2: $600
#3: $550
#4: $650

Attachments

• tree1.jpg
    tree1.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 120
  • tree2.JPG
    tree2.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 116
  • tree3.jpg
    tree3.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 105
  • tree4.jpg
    tree4.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 108
Reaction score
USDA Zone
In one of the other threads someone mentioned the price paid for a quality shohin. After that I believe someone stated that the price you pay for a tree and whether or not you got a good deal, is what you think the tree is worth. I believe those were the words anyway.
Well here's some prices paid by various individuals over the past few months for some quality JBP. shohin.
#1: $750
#2: $600
#3: $550
#4: $650

Had you and I been friends with you willing to take payments, I may have bought some or all of those, lol.

Thomas J.

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
These others are still waiting to be sold and their prices are as shown. I guess it will be up to the potential buyers as to whether or not they are worth the asking price.:)

Tree #4 is an Itogawa shimpaku

tree#1: $2800
tree#2: $800
tree#3: $1650
tree#4: $4000

Attachments

• tree1.JPG
    tree1.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 103
  • tree2.JPG
    tree2.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 91
  • tree#3.JPG
    tree#3.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 174
  • 871.jpg
    871.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 125

Thomas J.

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hey Chris,
We can still be friends,:D but these trees weren't mine, I was just helping the owner sell them since he doesn't frequent the forums at all.;)

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hey Chris,
We can still be friends,:D but these trees weren't mine, I was just helping the owner sell them since he doesn't frequent the forums at all.;)

I am beginning to think he is the wiser among us.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks Thomas. I find these prices to reflect well the development of the trees shown.

Will

Tachigi

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Had you and I been friends with you willing to take payments, I may have bought some or all of those, lol.

Payments? OK where is the winking emoticon, did I miss it?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Payments? OK where is the winking emoticon, did I miss it?

I am dead serious. With the mortgage market the way it is right now, that's the only way I can afford trees like these. Remember the heading on my post in the shohin forum.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Some great examples. If you think about the time put into some of these trees, it might not break down to that much $/hr. The first one (the JBP) is my favorite, though they are all inspiring.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Some great examples. If you think about the time put into some of these trees, it might not break down to that much $/hr. The first one (the JBP) is my favorite, though they are all inspiring.

Really? This one is my favorite.

attachment.php

I am wondering about the photo angle, though. It's possible that this is the best possible planting angle, but I would like to see others. In fact, I might be interested in purchasing this tree (don't worry, I won't ask you to finance it.)

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Really? This one is my favorite.

They are all really nice so it is hard to choose. The reason why I like the first one is the trunk line and branch structure. I don't like really squat shohin pine bonsai because often the needles obscure the trunk. However I also appreciate that the squat ones are more difficult to develop and therefore command higher prices because of the time invested.

Top Bottom