Princess Persimmon No. 2

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Ok so after a learning curve w Persimmon I decided I want a second one to get better results from repot wise. I’m leaning on later March once buds start moving since the first time I did it thinking it was optimal clearly wasn’t . I’ll update once it arrives, persimmons are my favorite fruiting tree and with good price it can’t hurt.ACC5F5B7-7AC2-4CE8-AE08-85F7C2F0349B.jpegMuch smaller pot and root ball than my bigger one . It will be interesting to see the roots and container

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Where did you get this one? if you don't mind, I have 3 but I want more lol....maybe for a mame project.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I would cut back hard and then wire new shoots. These grow fast enough that you can get a lot done in a season. It needs some taper introduced along with movement, so cutting back for taper and ramification would be good as well.

NaoTK

Chumono
Reaction score
How big do you want it to be is the key question. These put on real caliper really slowly. The best way to put on caliper is to put it in a big pot and literally not repot it for 10 years, maybe do critical rough root chops every 5 years.
Either way you will want movement. Be sure to raffia because it will take a year or more to set once the branches are no longer green.

Top Bottom