Principles of Bonsai Design Book

eryk2kartman

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Hi All,

I was looking for that book for a quite a while, i found in recent treads about pots that its actually available in US for reasonable price(in Europe they going for 200+ euro).
Is there any chance someone could buy it in US and ship it over to me in Ireland? I will cover all the costs of course.
I was looking at this one https://bonsai.shopsettings.com/Principles-of-Bonsai-Design-p133915314
Looking forward your reply.
Cheers

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
What are you willing to pay for it?
I have a fresh copy (bought last december) that I've opened and read roughly four times.

eryk2kartman

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
How much are you looking for it?
Brand new without shipping from US is 32$

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I would contact the website via email. I order all over the country. I can't see why they wouldn't ship to you. It isn't a plant.

petegreg

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I would contact the website via email. I order all over the country. I can't see why they wouldn't ship to you. It isn't a plant.
Mine comes from StoneLantern too.

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Mine is from stonelantern too, I paid 54 dollars total, including shipping.
I'm willing to sell mine with a profit, since they go for as much as 200 euros anyways and mine still smells like the printing press.

I'm not looking for 200 euros, but a reasonable offer for me parting with a high demand and low supply book (that I don't need to get rid of) and having to spend time and money on shipping is all I ask for.

@leatherback you're looking for this book too, right? I think it's fair I'll let you make an offer as well if you're still up for it.

eryk2kartman

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
@Cadillactaste @petegreg - Thanks for letting me know guys, appreciate it, had a look at their web but i cant find any contact email address, do you have it by any chance?
@Wires_Guy_wires i think i will let your offer go:) but thank you for that anyway.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I was going to buy from the American Bonsai Society site. The book costs $31, but they want over $140 for shipping to Europe! I think someone delivers the book by hand.

petegreg

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
@Cadillactaste @petegreg - Thanks for letting me know guys, appreciate it, had a look at their web but i cant find any contact email address, do you have it by any chance?
@Wires_Guy_wires i think i will let your offer go:) but thank you for that anyway.
I can't find the address, but did "incomplete" shopping and this is what I would be asked to pay, if it helps.
Screenshot_20200215_192607_com.android.chrome.jpg

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I was going to buy from the American Bonsai Society site. The book costs $31, but they want over $140 for shipping to Europe! I think someone delivers the book by hand.
I ordered the book, and some other stuff. Never arrived at my place. Some commercial customs service took the parcel and is now asking a few hundred E to release it.. So.. If you do get it, it is a steal.
I am now discussing with SL on how to get the parcel released.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I ordered the book, and some other stuff. Never arrived at my place. Some commercial customs service took the parcel and is now asking a few hundred E to release it.. So.. If you do get it, it is a steal.
I am now discussing with SL on how to get the parcel released.
That's crazy.. I wonder if they filled out the paperwork wrong. Because I've sent packages to the UK...I've received them from all over the world Thailand, Japan, China, France and the UK just the tip of the iceberg. Never a glitch. Always arrived in a timely manner too. 🤷

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I wonder if they filled out the paperwork wrong.
Nope. Nothing they did worng It sits on the Dutch side that things went wrong. It cleared customs and then the package was pulle dout by a commercial handler because the delivery address was on my work location. Somehow they think that entitles them to handle everything. And charge me through the nose for it. Funnely enough, upon refusing to pay, they have now been sitting on the parcel instead of sending it back to USA.

eryk2kartman

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
So, at the end total including shipping was 50$ which im really happy with.
Got it on Stone Lantern.

Thanks all for your help.

PieterVE

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So, at the end total including shipping was 50$ which im really happy with.
Got it on Stone Lantern.

Thanks all for your help.

Have you contact details from Stone Lantern ? Seems I can't find their email on the website (or fb or insta...)
Thanks

eryk2kartman

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Have you contact details from Stone Lantern ? Seems I can't find their email on the website (or fb or insta...)
Thanks
No I dont, i used guest checkout on their web without creating the account, you can go as far as shipping to see how much they will charge you.
I hope that helps.

eryk2kartman

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Wow, they are quick, ordered in the morning, just got an email its shipped :) wow, thats some service!

eryk2kartman

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
And i got the book today, beautiful edition, all pages are clear and shiny! total cost 56$ sweet, they are easy to deal, highly recommended for anyone from Europe that want to buy this book at resonable price.

Top Bottom