Principles of Bonsai Design

butlern

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Thx, missed that. Unfortunately.. Shipping is more than the value of the book. :(
USPS media parcel is $3.79 shipping (2-9 days). If you're in a crazy rush, then yes it will cost you.

butlern

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Ahhhh... just noticed your location. Yes, shipping there is another story

PABonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Thx, missed that. Unfortunately.. Shipping is more than the value of the book. :(
It's on Amazon for $50 last I looked and you may get free shipping. So while way overpriced still would be cheaper.

Reaction score
50 bucks for a book that lasts you forever is not bad though. Especially when it massively improves your bonsai game. Just waiting for the government to deposit my student loan again

GreatLakesBrad

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Xmas gift to myself. Loving it so far. A spurs victory over Brighton and morning reading. Lovely day.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 17

coachspinks

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
My copy came Monday. For all those saying "I'm new to Bonsai, what now?" I would answer "Buy Principals of Bonsai Design and wear it out.!" I have read dozens, maybe over 100 bonsai books and at least for the first 20 pages or so, does the best job of explaining design that I have run across. I may change my mind as I get further in the book, but the first part not only covers bonsai design, but how it fits into art in general and why there are certain concepts that are constant throughout art and nature.

Warpig

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Have to agree and well worth the bump. After just taking 20 minutes to give it and good once over I can already tell I'm going to enjoy the read.

I wouldn't even put it in the category of "If your newer to the hobby" get this, as much as I would put it in the category of "If your really wanting to explore the 'art' side of the hobby" get this. I recommend.

Paul G

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks to all of you who've recommended this book. It's absolutely amazing!!!

Top Bottom