Problem Tree #2

bonsai barry

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This tree is a Yaupon holly (?). I planted it in this growing container a couple of months ago and it has been doing fine until these sickly leaves appreared. I should probably add that it was getting a lot of overhead watering from the sprinklers. I sprayed it with black spot treatment. Any suggestions or ideas about the problem?

Attachments

• Spring-2009-043.jpg
    Spring-2009-043.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 60
  • Spring-2009-044.jpg
    Spring-2009-044.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 49
  • Spring-2009-045.jpg
    Spring-2009-045.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 41

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
This tree is a Yaupon holly (?). I planted it in this growing container a couple of months ago and it has been doing fine until these sickly leaves appreared. I should probably add that it was getting a lot of overhead watering from the sprinklers. I sprayed it with black spot treatment. Any suggestions or ideas about the problem?

This looks like Red Spider Mites. Take a piece of white paper hold it under the affected area and gently tap on the foliage. You should see some dust that looks about the size of finely ground pepper fall on the paper. Watch it for a while, if it moves you have spider mites.

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This tree looks like suffering from anthracnose which is fungal disease. Wetness due to overhead watering encourages these fungi for sure. Need to prune and destroy affected parts. May use fungicide. I suggest you should check the way you water the trees since your pine also has fungal disease. Fungi love wet area, so you should not frequently water on the foliage and avoid water at night. Good luck. Bonhe

Top Bottom