Problems with snow on trees that haven't lost leaves

Tim.E

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Hey bnuts,

We just got some snow where I am and a few of my trees had yet to start fall colours and changes (cotoneaster, firebush). Should I be concerned at all about them, they are all very hardy trees and are zoned to handle the cold.

Thanks,

Tim

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
You don't need to worry about this, I would imagine it'll be short lived snow... And it can be beautiful! Only problem I've ever seen with early snows are the fact that they are so wet, and if heavy enough can cause branch bending breaking problems. So just be vigilant and brush gently if this occurs.

Tim.E

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
You don't need to worry about this, I would imagine it'll be short lived snow... And it can be beautiful! Only problem I've ever seen with early snows are the fact that they are so wet, and if heavy enough can cause branch bending breaking problems. So just be vigilant and brush gently if this occurs.
Thanks Judy! I figured this was the case but you put my mind at ease. It really is quite beautiful

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Happen here every year. No biggie.

Tim.E

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Went to take some pictures that day but the snow was already melted...sorry to disappoint @JudyB

Top Bottom