Procumben nana in zone 9b?

Nanookadenord

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
After some thought and at the instance of my girlfriend, I am looking for another bonsai. I do like the look of the procumben nana juniper and was wondering how well they do in zone 9a?

I have done some internet searching and some say well and others say not so well, So, I'm not entirely sure.

Thanks!

theone420

Shohin
Reaction score
After some thought and at the instance of my girlfriend, I am looking for another bonsai. I do like the look of the procumben nana juniper and was wondering how well they do in zone 9a?

I have done some internet searching and some say well and others say not so well, So, I'm not entirely sure.

Thanks!

they are supposed to do well in zones 4-9. I have one here in zone 9-10 and it seems to be doing ok. I have only had it since September but it put on good growth. I will have to see if it will last through my summer here in the desert but so far so good.

JosephCooper

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10A
I have a bunch in zone 11, I think they'd be fine in zone 9.

Victorim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Think the issues that can come up with junis zones 9 and above are to do with drought... so no issues for us.

miker

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I kept a procumbens nana pre-bonsai for 6 years in Orlando (zone 9b, 10a downtown) and it did extremely well in full sun. This is one extremes-tolerant species as it has also adapted very well to SE Pennsylvania (6b/7a) and does just fine unprotected in winter.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Youkin git sumnt better!

Sorce

choppychoppy

Chumono
Reaction score

Thanks!

Where ya at in central florida? I'm in gainesville and I've prob got 20+ of them all doing fine for years.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Better would be relative, no?

Yeah! Like down there girlfriends are relatives!

I just hear procumbins, and 70$ dead trees at home Depot pop into mind.....

When there is better, living material right out in the nursery for 1/7th the price!

Just be wary.....

The only good procumbins "pre-bonsai" I ever seen was at auction last week, and was up to about 350$.

Everything else is complete shit....
Or was bought at a regular nursery and resides in someone's home...

But there really are no Good "pre-bonsai" procumbins.....
Unless you're gonna shell out a couole hundred. .

Look in the regular nursery!

Sorce

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Why does not girl friend get own tree to develop:rolleyes:?

Top Bottom