Procumbens disease

Tadakun

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So for the past 2 months I've been watching my juniper slowly get duller and twigs beginning to go brown. I've looked at suspicious parts under a magnifying glass and I see what would look like phomopsis. The parts of the twigs that are newly dying are going brown, while closer to the interior they are ash gray in color and even have the black spots that are the fruiting spores. I can assume as with any form of blight you would need to remove the infected areas and dispose of them (ie landfill) I'm worried that it's too late for this 13 year old juniper now as most areas of the tree are starting to go brown. ..Does anyone have any experience with this, if i can I care a great deal for this tree but I'm beginning to feel it's a lost cause.

Tadakun

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I work at a green house so I'm quite familiar with spidermites and most of the pests out there, I'll try and grab a picture, the fruiting bodies are so small so I can't guarantee I'll get much of a photo.

Tadakun

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I took the tree to the local bonsai nursery and the owner helped me go through disease books and this is what we came up with. phomopsis or kabatina blight. the black specks growing on the dead foliage is not good...:(

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 57
  • photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 55
Top Bottom