defra

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I got a small nana growing in the front garden when bought it in spring 2016 i combed and washed out the roots spreaded them and planted it in the ground on a tile barely made it the first year grew ok this year gonna feed agressively 2018 and wire up the "future" trunkline and come back to this thread in say 5 years to see if its worthy of sharing lol

Lazylightningny

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I just have the one. It's small and young, and still in development. I gave it a first styling this fall.

Attachments

• procumbens.jpg
    procumbens.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 37

girv

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Digging up an old thread but don't have a separate one for this tree yet. A lot of work to do still. When I got it last year it was a huge bush.

IMG_8017.jpg

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Procumbens Junipers make good bonsai but they are difficult in the best of hands. The best thing you can do at this point is acquire some good wiring skills so that you can more easily realize your obviously interesting design ideas. Good start.

girv

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Procumbens Junipers make good bonsai but they are difficult in the best of hands. The best thing you can do at this point is acquire some good wiring skills so that you can more easily realize your obviously interesting design ideas. Good start.

Yeah I already now realize a few issues that I have learned are not ideal last year when I did most of the wiring. In the Fall I will address it. Thanks for the constructive feedback.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Yeah I already now realize a few issues that I have learned are not ideal last year when I did most of the wiring. In the Fall I will address it. Thanks for the constructive feedback.
A word of warning concerning Procumbens Junipers; more damage is done wiring them than almost anything else you can do. That's why good wiring skills and strategy is imperative. These trees seem very flexible and they are except where they arn't. That would be the major joints of branches to limbs and limbs to trunks, they will abandon those points at a whisper and you may not even notice that you have done anything wrong. Do not pull the branches up any more than horizontal just to look at the trunk or because it's fun to watch them flip back, the result of this activity is to break those branches at the base and find yourself stying dead branches.

Top Bottom