Procumbens

herzausstahl

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
After last year's wiring i let it grow unchecked. Removed wire once it started to bite and left it the rest of the season. It will get another styling this spring to see if I can bring the shape further along.
Great! Please post pics when it's not covered by snow anymore.

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Really good start. Good eye.

Thanks Vance. Each season that I work with this tree I think I'm a little better at wiring, at shaping and seeing something better than last year in the material. The picture on page one was surely from a time I didn't know what i was doing. I think I can see a decent transformation in it since then. I give that tiny jin a week once it's dried before i snap it off by accident!

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Shrubby again. In all the time I’ve had this one I don’t ever recall it throwing out mature foliage. I’m on the fence as to whether I should style now or wait until September for a workshop with a pro. I’m more comfortable with work early in the season on junipers as opposed to the end of the season, but would really like this to get a great set of eyes on it to give some further refinement.
CEB0A53F-2C83-41D0-B1F9-BDB241F40F09.jpeg
95970D4C-F00C-4A6F-9004-1AF5F4846F4B.jpeg

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Nice tree, really dark green and healthy! The mature foliage cool, but it will eventually open up and look like the other foliage, only tighter. It would be neat if it stayed that way.

If i could get the whole tree to produce that foliage it would be cool, but there is no way. Especially with styling coming sometime this year it will get all pissy again.

Top Bottom