Progress of my Murraya

ERIKA

Yamadori
Reaction score
This is one of my newly acquired pre-Bonsai materials... I purchased this as a root-stock February this year (2018) which I potted right away... The 1st photo was taken March 20... The 2nd photo taken today (April 26)... It is 11 inches tall from the top of the potting mix to the tip of the highest woody part... Lot's of possible dead wood which I'm loving :):):)... I'm happy that all 9 root-stocks are now alive and thriving, this one is the most lush though...

Attachments

• MURRAYA.jpg
    MURRAYA.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4478.JPG
    IMG_4478.JPG
    363.4 KB · Views: 31

bonsaidave

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Looks cool, lots of branching and trunks. Post more pics in a couple months. What type of plant is this?
My only suggestion would be to think about reducing those 1 or 2 branch/trunks that are right in the middle. They are a bit distracting. If those are much shorter you should get a smoother visual flow from your big trunk on the left side and the shorter trunk on the far right side. Just something to ponder in the future.

Hyn Patty

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I completely agree with Bonsaidave - those two middle, long, slender trunks are distracting from the overall flow - at least from /that/ angle. I can't speak how they look from other views. Looks like a great and interesting piece to work on and Murraya are beautiful, judging by that wood!

ERIKA

Yamadori
Reaction score
Looks cool, lots of branching and trunks. Post more pics in a couple months. What type of plant is this?
My only suggestion would be to think about reducing those 1 or 2 branch/trunks that are right in the middle. They are a bit distracting. If those are much shorter you should get a smoother visual flow from your big trunk on the left side and the shorter trunk on the far right side. Just something to ponder in the future.

Thank you for the advise :)

ERIKA

Yamadori
Reaction score
I completely agree with Bonsaidave - those two middle, long, slender trunks are distracting from the overall flow - at least from /that/ angle. I can't speak how they look from other views. Looks like a great and interesting piece to work on and Murraya are beautiful, judging by that wood!

Thank you... I will share updates on this one...

Top Bottom