Progressive Maple Challenge - Max

aframe

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Did you just create a thread about a newly purchased tree that you didn't actually purchase, and ask for input before it was in your possession?

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
my trees in development stay at her place, so it was her mistake... I think it has been fixed...

aframe

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Does she let you keep a tooth brush there? that's how you know its real.

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Does she let you keep a tooth brush there? that's how you know its real.
jeez... A lot of people leave their trees at boons place while working them... so why diss me?

Here is the whole story, she offered me the tree on saturday afternoon, on tuesday morning I emailed here saying I wanted the tree (8:57AM) this other guy had been thinking about it for months and at 9:15AM he wired the money and she didn't check her email neither for my email nor his. So we talk at 1PM discussing price because I take pictures for her and pay with work. So after that, the other guy calls her to go pick it up... So like 10PM the next day she says that she cannot pay me with that tree.
Barrosinc - bonsai temp - 0001.jpg

Barrosinc - bonsai temp - 0002.jpg

I got another large maple from her, but in my opinion not as good as this one, but a bit cheaper and she tossed in a collected 2 1/4 inch caliper hawthorn.

Barrosinc - bonsai temp - 0003.jpg

Seriously the tree was mine when I posted it, I had pictures because I took them for her. I do feel ashamed to have asked for help and then getting the tree taken away. So to all that helped and feel tricked, I am sorry.

aframe

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
jeez... A lot of people leave their trees at boons place while working them... so why diss me?
Not dissing you brutha man.
That is one heck of a back story, down to the [money] wire!
I had to have a bit of fun cause so many chimed in to help; common ya got to laugh at it.
but hey: "there's plenty of trees in the forest"
looks like you scored anyways on the hawthorn.

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I wasn't even expecting the tree and it seems like a good one, I haven't even seen the nebari yet... But the white pot I was looking for is for the maple and I might just put the hawthorn in it for now, it looks like a decent match for now.

Top Bottom