szxnx

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Hi, I was watching a video and i'm confused on which method i should do, currently i have the cuttings like this, should i put them in soil instead? E4EBA387-13EF-4CF4-A9E6-29C5BCB10FB7.jpeg

szxnx

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Also if you think i should remove any boxes or add/change anything please let me know, i usually only take cuttings from shrubs and this tree is new to me

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I think key is to be as specific in the species as you can get, and then look up propagation guides for that species.
Cherries in general are notoriously dificult to get to root, but I know there are prunus from cuttings available in trade -notably the fuji cherry- so there is a method. I am trying hardwood cuttings over winter as, well, I trimmed my cherry in later fall. 😜. There are flowers & some leaves on the first ones -now covered i snow- but that is no guarantee of roots of course.

szxnx

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Right, forgot to mention - Yoshino cherry blossom - i have been looking but can't find anything about the particular type online

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yoshino is an extremely common variety of cherry (and BTW, it's Cherry tree, not cherry blossom tree--like saying an apple tree is an apple blossom tree)

Top Bottom