Pruning

Stacey

Seedling
Reaction score
I got my first bonsai tree about three weeks ago. I don't think it was well taken care of before so I wanted to make sure I am doing things right.
There are small blemishes on many of the leaves. I read that is due to lack of water but I wanted to confirm that is true. In regards to pruning, do I keep those leaves on or should I take them off?

Attachments

• IMG_0253.JPG
    IMG_0253.JPG
    236.2 KB · Views: 46

Rambles

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Not an expert on Jade plants specifically, but I'd let it grow a while and study it. Get to know it and get a sense of how it grows. Meanwhile, do a search for jade tree bonsai and get an idea of what is possible.

It's a nice looking jade, but I'd give it some time to beef up before doing anything to it.

Reaction score
Let it grow grow grow then grow some more. If you just started thenyou need to focus on just keeping it alive. Water, sun, and nutrients for this growing season. While doing that just absorb and do all the research you can on your Specific spieces.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
. I read that is due to lack of water but I wanted to confirm that is true.

You will always be able to best confirm any information with observation.

Those lil spots look wipeable.

A dry jade will shrivel a lil...
Some people water to this cue.
But daily observation is necessary!

If you can clean em...leave em.

It's kind of a bad habit..to remove ugly leaves...
But removing them is a good way to know if your care is good. If they don't come back...you're doing something right!

Sorce

Stacey

Seedling
Reaction score
Let it grow grow grow then grow some more. If you just started thenyou need to focus on just keeping it alive. Water, sun, and nutrients for this growing season. While doing that just absorb and do all the research you can on your Specific spieces.
Okthank you!

Stacey

Seedling
Reaction score
You will always be able to best confirm any information with observation.

Those lil spots look wipeable.

A dry jade will shrivel a lil...
Some people water to this cue.
But daily observation is necessary!

If you can clean em...leave em.

It's kind of a bad habit..to remove ugly leaves...
But removing them is a good way to know if your care is good. If they don't come back...you're doing something right!

Sorce
Ok awesome thank you

Top Bottom