Prunus #23

SilenceDogwood

Seedling
Reaction score
Sir,

Beautiful tree, such a powerful trunk! Why did you chose not to cutback the branching coming immediately off the trunk more? To my eye the primary branching coming off the trunk is a bit too long and has no taper? I'm guessing this was an intentional choice for you and would appreciate hearing your aesthetic decision to not cut them back more.

Your humble servant,
S. Dogwood

Walter Pall

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Sir,

Beautiful tree, such a powerful trunk! Why did you chose not to cutback the branching coming immediately off the trunk more? To my eye the primary branching coming off the trunk is a bit too long and has no taper? I'm guessing this was an intentional choice for you and would appreciate hearing your aesthetic decision to not cut them back more.

Your humble servant,
S. Dogwood

Because this is exactly how cherries grow in nature. I do not design bonsai, I design trees.

Kanorin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I Love those fall shots with the fallen leaves laying on top of the moss. It just feels right.

Do you have any pictures with fruit on the tree? I'm guessing the fruit color will look nice with that pot.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
It just doesn’t get better than that. What an incredible inspiration for us young ones in the hobby/art wow sure wish it was in my house that’s for sure.

thank you for sharing
Michael

Tycoss

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That red pot is sure a bold choice. It works very well with the fall colour and flowers. The dimensions make the trunk look so powerful!

Walter Pall

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Excellent tree Mr Pall, does this ones plums match the pot in colour, the wild ones around me have either green, yellow or red plums
The plums are round and very red, go very well with the pot. Unfortunately there are not many because this species blooms in the middle of March in my greenhouse when there are no bees around yet. And then later on the birds take the few ones that start to become red. In Croatia my students have these plum trees with a hunded plums on them. I am jelous. I will make it happen though!

This was one of my first ones and it had fruit!

2009-08-NSC_8184ofv2.jpg1.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom