Prunus #42

Trenthany

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10A
Can’t wait to see what you do with it! Do you not use cut paste on prunus? Or in general? I have looked at tons of your progressions but it jumped out at me in this one.

Walter Pall

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
[QUOTE="Trenthany, post: 778627, member: 3
Can’t wait to see what you do with it! Do you not use cut paste on prunus? Or in general? I have looked at tons of your progressions but it jumped out at me in this one.
[/QUOTE]

Scientific research and numerous serious tests have shown that cut paste is usually not necessary and in many casess detrimental. State of the art taught in major argicultural colleges and universities is to avoid it. This is known since more than 30 years, but the know how has not yet fully reached the bonsai community. Of course, there is always one scientist or fundametalist who 'knows' the contrary. But mainstream horticultural teaching says so regardless oif what mainstream bonsai know how still thinks..

Trenthany

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10A
[QUOTE="Trenthany, post: 778627, member: 3

Scientific research and numerous serious tests have shown that cut paste is usually not necessary and in many casess detrimental. State of the art taught in major argicultural colleges and universities is to avoid it. This is known since more than 30 years, but the know how has not yet fully reached the bonsai community. Of course, there is always one scientist or fundametalist who 'knows' the contrary. But mainstream horticultural teaching says so regardless oif what mainstream bonsai know how still thinks..
[/QUOTE]
Does it have to do with the more carved appearance after you were done? I am referring to the branch tips appearing to have been cut at various angles per branch. Perhaps saying rounded, or faceted appearance of each cut would explain it?

Walter Pall

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Does it have to do with the more carved appearance after you were done? I am referring to the branch tips appearing to have been cut at various angles per branch. Perhaps saying rounded, or faceted appearance of each cut would explain it?
[/QUOTE]

It has nothing to do with how I cut. There is no cut paste at all in my place because I have banned it.

Top Bottom