Prunus Incisa help

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Thoroughly enjoyed reading through this thread, gorgeous tree.

My
nursery stocks been out in flower for about a week now, absolutely stunning.

However I managed to mix up repotting rules for prunus with azalea, any idea if they can have successful root reduction(50%+) after flowering? 🤔
So I reduced mine by 35% right after flowers dropped. I had no issues at all and the leaf buds sprouted rather quickly after the repot. I used mostly akadama. I than added a layer of spagnium moss on top to hold water retention. Oh and full sun. After leaf buds open I started the fertz.

tangledtanuki

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Lovely flowers. I'd say try stick the tree on a either a grey or cream background. That might help with taking the images. That is at least what helped me a bit. Also indirect light on the porch and I was happy with the results.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Lovely flowers. I'd say try stick the tree on a either a grey or cream background. That might help with taking the images. That is at least what helped me a bit. Also indirect light on the porch and I was happy with the results.
I took your advice and I made a big difference. But I couldn’t find a towel big enough lol but it did work.
Many thanks
Michael
D2810BB2-BF8C-4B3A-BB0F-5E4A30A47C95.jpeg
E02522C3-8642-4F0A-A740-98EF08A53210.jpeg995F988C-F740-4918-8849-B5E0978DCBE7.jpeg

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
There we go. 😎
What is the black tape wrapped around the trunk?
Check a few pages back. I split the main trunk to get a lot of movement. So I wrapped it with raffia and than black 3m tape so when I used the wire to bend the tree it wouldn’t leave any marks.
It worked extremely well. I will be taking it off soon when I do the repot once the flowers drop. Than I will wire and retake at a later date.
Michael

Lutonian

Chumono
Reaction score
Luton, East Anglia, England, Great Britain
USDA Zone
9a
Top Bottom