Prunus Mume Pot Selection

Hawke84

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Hi all,
I have a new Ume and im struggling to work out what pot would suit it and help make the flowers / winter display really pop.
I cant really picture what would work well and google images hasnt helped this time.
Tree will get carved with Shari and Uro at some point maybe next year to sort out the stubs. its pink flowering.
Ive found a potential pot, interested in thoughts....

20210115_134045.jpg

pot.JPG

or
pot 2.JPG

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Would be helpful to know the flower color for pot selection.
With Ume consider a bit more depth of pot as important for overall health.
Another consideration would be the most likely time for show display. Winter early spring in flower before in leaf!

Hawke84

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Pink flowers (i think pale pink) for the colour.
yeah im trying to go for a tad deeper. the pot its in at the moment is as deep as it is tall!
I know they are ugly as hell in leaf! :D

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
if you want deeper, the second (light blue) pot would be nice IMO, if the tree fits in it

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
If the flower color is a lighter tone than a complementary color pot in a similar tone level would work well! Green or Blue variation of lighter tones could work well.
Cream color is another great option with more design incorporated in the pot to suit a flowering species! Something along these lines perhaps.

Attachments

• IMG_0969.jpeg
    IMG_0969.jpeg
    166.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0981.jpeg
    IMG_0981.jpeg
    137.2 KB · Views: 7

Hawke84

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
if you want deeper, the second (light blue) pot would be nice IMO, if the tree fits in it
they are both similar depth. the blue is maybe 2cm deeper. i do love this guys pots, he does some beautiful work

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
First off amazing tree wish it was mine. If it was mine I would do this.by they way where did you get it ?
Michael
F1FE5403-0774-48FD-B7DE-4C925981E4F4.jpeg

Hawke84

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
First off amazing tree wish it was mine. If it was mine I would do this.by they way where did you get it ?
Michael
thanks for the pics. I would have loved a more tall slender one but finding these trees in the UK is really hard! I got it from a UK nursery up north. they have a few more but all just stumps

Top Bottom