Prunus Serrulata?

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So I have kind of always wanted one as a bonsai but I really never see them ANYWHERE here. Is there a reason for this? Are other Prunus much much better suited?
The only Serrulata I find are old seeds that never germinate or large nursery landscape stock.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I have one that I received from Bill Valavanis (International Bonsai) last year. It's only about a pencil thickness, planted in the ground, but the natural trunk movement and flowers should make it pretty spectacular in a few years.

LeoMame

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
So I have kind of always wanted one as a bonsai but I really never see them ANYWHERE here. Is there a reason for this? Are other Prunus much much better suited?
The only Serrulata I find are old seeds that never germinate or large nursery landscape stock.
Hi Mapleminx,

I know a person who has a beautiful serrulata here in in northern Italy, I know for sure he ships to Germany. I'm sending you a PM!

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi Mapleminx,

I know a person who has a beautiful serrulata here in in northern Italy, I know for sure he ships to Germany. I'm sending you a PM!
Thanks and it sure looks interesting but that ones veeeeeery much out of my price range 😂😂😂.

LeoMame

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Thanks and it sure looks interesting but that ones veeeeeery much out of my price range 😂😂😂.

It's pricey, yes. I chanced upon it when visiting his nursery and he has some superb material, but the price range can be like that.

Top Bottom