prunus02_070315.jpg

May 2009 :

prunus02_090521b.jpg

R_F

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi Alain,

I'm partial to prunus trees of all kinds. Looks like you have some good stock there. Was the first pic taken after collecting it from the ground? I have peach tree growing in the ground that I'm thinking of collecting next spring.

Ryan

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Just needs times. Nothing wrong with this tree :) I'm glad you removed the second trunk - it was too large and high up for the design.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Hi Alain,

I'm partial to prunus trees of all kinds. Looks like you have some good stock there. Was the first pic taken after collecting it from the ground? I have peach tree growing in the ground that I'm thinking of collecting next spring.

Ryan

Yes, it was removed from the ground in February 2005.

The top dried out for lack of care while I was away one summer, but this species doesn't tend to lose branches for unknown reasons as is often the case with other varieties.

The leaves are very big, but they can reduce a little, this species is not so common as bonsai, so I don't have much info about it.

What i like is the texture of the bark, and its colour (it has some bronze tones in some places) and of course, the flowers. I pruned it quite hard last winter, and to my suprise, there were flowers on small branches. So maybe it is possible to make the foliage pads a bit more compact and still see it flower in early spring, before it leafs out.

I will add that root cuttings take very well in late winter : I have one in my garden that will probably become an ornamental tree in a couple of years.

amkhalid

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
decent nebari, thats for sure :)

Top Bottom