Pseudocydonia, Chinese Quince

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
How is this tree? I got a 5 year plant from international bonsai and am looking forward to diving in with it.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Will it remain on the bench thru the cold spell? On the ground? Or more substantial protection? 🤔

Maturing nicely.:cool:

Driftwood

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Night shot after first spring pruning. The bark is starting to shed a little, which is always fun.
Hi, beautiful tree and impressive progress. Since I can't afford good material at the moment I'm considering buying a 8ft tall Chinese quince (for cheap) to trunk chop.. Could you please comment?
Thank you for sharing.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Hi, beautiful tree and impressive progress. Since I can't afford good material at the moment I'm considering buying a 8ft tall Chinese quince (for cheap) to trunk chop.. Could you please comment?
Thank you for sharing.
Thanks. They do respond well to trunk chops.

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Beautiful tree BVF! Has it flowered for you yet? I heard they take a long time to have flower.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Beautiful tree BVF! Has it flowered for you yet? I heard they take a long time to have flower.
Thanks, no flowers yet, and I’ve had it over 15 years now.

It's probably been meantioned, but what's the rough height on this tree?
Around 20” tall.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I only have a few small trees, but last year they had the nicest fall colors in the garden. They are all going into the landscape... assuming I have landscape for them to go into :) Perhaps in 10 years I'll have something worth talking about :)

Top Bottom