Pseudotsuga menziesii (I think), style suggestions

Duhbunga

Seed
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I got this Douglas Fir for $20. Its 2.5ft (3ft to apex), In WA state.
Any suggestions on styling and care (soil, watering, etc) or advice? Fairly new to the game.
This is my first post btw.
I know this needs to be outside but there is renovation on patio starting tomorrow and next day, so I had to bring it inside apartment. It is near my window.
Thanks!
20200512_213728.jpg20200512_213717.jpg20200512_213741.jpg20200512_213711.jpg

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thank you for starting with good pics. Two critically important things: 1. Do NOT repot it now! 2. Get back outside ASAP and even at night when no workers there. Especially important as new foliage needs Sunlight energy and Sun hardening. Could say you were robbed but we all begin somewhere. Not to discourage just not time for long windy explanation just now. So many things this tree needs will need to go into later time;). Keep soil damp but not wet. Please add location to profile. Where in WA?

Last edited:

Duhbunga

Seed
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Thank you for starting with good pics. Two critically important things: 1. Do NOT repot it now! 2. Get back outside ASAP and even at night when no workers there. Especially important as new foliage needs Sunlight energy and Sun hardening. Could say you were robbed but we all begin somewhere. Not to discourage just not time for long windy explanation just now. So many things this tree needs will need to go into later time;). Keep soil damp but not wet. Please add location to profile. Where in WA?
Ah I see. This was the cheapest one I found on Offer Up app that looked worth it but I guess not (trying to buy cheap or get free trees from people landscaping their yards). Will put it out in early morning to get some sun.
Seattle, WA. Thanks for the tips! Let me know if you have anymore for this species.

Top Bottom