Puget Sound Bonsai Association auction 6/2/18

TyroTinker

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I just found out about the Pacific Bonsai museum in federal way Washington is hosting an auction tomorrow (6/2/18)

Here is a link for the website with info
PSBA

I convinced my wife to let me go!:cool: It's going to be my 2nd time to the museum but my first time to anything else that is bonsai related :D

Maybe some other Pacific Northwest people are planning on being there?

TyroTinker

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Funny story.. had to share
I just bought my first two pots on the 99bonsai Facebook group this last go around. The seller needed my address to get the cost of shipping and we find out we live close (enough) together. He asked if I was going to this auction. I knew nothing about it.
So my excuse to my wife is I'm going to save on shipping by meeting this guy in person. At an auction, an hour from here. She even condoned some spending money. ;)

By he way shipping the to pots together would have cost 8 whole dollars :eek:

I love my wife. She can see right through me and STILL lets me have my fun (sometimes;))

TyroTinker

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
You BNuts in the PNW really missed out! That auction was fun. There were 2 silent auctions and a live auction. Some really nice material at the live auction.

I picked up my real first material that wasn't seedlings or this seasons clippings.

First an Elm mother plant for current and future plants
IMG_4127.JPGIMG_4126.JPG

Then I got 2 maples the first one I can see an obvious place to chop the truck. The second I don't have a clue but that's ok for now. I'll take my time figuring it out.

IMG_4124.JPGIMG_4125.JPG

The next little guy I got because of the recent thread I've seen around here on crab apples
IMG_4123.JPG
Not sure what I'm going to do with it but I wanted it and it didn't cost much.

The last one cost me the most but I bought it specifically knowing it wasn't the greatest specimen. But I've wanted one for awhile and I bet my wife would love it too (she does) and all that being said it was only $27
IMG_4120.JPGIMG_4119.JPG

Anyways on top of all that I met the potter who made my new pots. Nice gentleman who is part of the local bonsai club. I will be looking into joining them soon now too.

Picture of the pots
IMG_4121.JPGIMG_4122.JPG

Sorry for the long post. Just had a great day and thought I would share :D:p:cool:

Top Bottom