Pumice for sale in the tri-state area...Finally

Lazylightningny

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Drove over to Jersey yesterday and picked up 100 lbs of pumice from Josh. Great looking stuff. He's enthusiastic and committed, and is willing to bring it to you if you go to MABS this month.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Bump

Youngsai, I PMed you to discuss meeting at MABS for some pumice.
I know others that want some will be there. Maybe we can coordinate?

youngsai

Mame
Reaction score
all past orders filled, all-new orders are on temporary standby =/

Sucks to have to say this but Paradox, I have your order and fangorn's for 50 lbs but unfortunately I cannot guarantee any other new orders at this time. The supplier has an issue that apparently may NOT get me my new order until after MABS. As a result, the orders already placed will be filled, any other new orders unfortunately I cannot guarantee. I'm sorry about this, I can only promise that this won't happen next year as I'll then be getting my order months in advance.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I'm a huge pumice fan, jealous of you guys with decent access. Still at a loss as to why I can order unlimited amounts of dogfood on amazon at 15lb per bag and pay no shipping, yet pay morefor shipping on a 4 gallon bag of pumice to ship than for the actual product

Don't bother explaining amazon econ 101, I'm just venting.

I assume akadama wont be added anytime soon either...

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Youngsai, check your PMs

MABS is in 2 days and I really dont want to miss getting that pumice from you.
Id like to figure out a time to meet up ahead of time.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
After a few rounds of PM tag and phone tag, Josh and I finally managed to get together for the pumice exchange.

The stuff looks very clean and is a very good size.

Nice meeting and talking to you Josh.

Fangorn

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The stuff looks very clean and is a very good size.

Nice meeting and talking to you Josh.

Same here! Nice thing about this pumice is there's no need to screen it before you use it, it's already done for you

Thanks Josh!

Dave

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Same here! Nice thing about this pumice is there's no need to screen it before you use it, it's already done for you

There is some dust in it so I would still wash it before using it. Nothing against Josh, it just happens naturally through handling.

Fangorn

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
There is some dust in it so I would still wash it before using it. Nothing against Josh, it just happens naturally through handling.

I hear ya, I was just saying that this product has already been screened and it's as clean as anything that I would have run through my screens at home. Like red lava you'll always have some kind of dust, but not so much that it wouldn't wash out when you water after re-potting

youngsai

Mame
Reaction score
RESTOCKED, Clean Pumice back up for sale!

I know this is late coming but it was a pleasure meeting both Paradox and Fangorn, both really cool people and awesome to hang out with. We both got to talking for a while, and as usual, it was a pleasure shooting the shit with other nuts!!!

Also, orders are back up, if anyone still needs pumice let me know. A ton moved quite quickly last time so this time I bought 2 :) Call/pm/email me to set up time/date!

TommyHallahan

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Are you still doing this? I see the most recent post was quite a while ago..

BE.REAL

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
ps, I got a boatload of that pumice from him, and it was A-1 good stuff.

Anyone know where he got it??

I can only find bags full. I never see lava either. I have the ability to keep, store, and move a large quantity, and wanted to buy a "boatload" for my personal use and anyone else in new England I could deliver too. Not trying to make money, but if it recouped some expenses, its always a bonus. I just have grown tired of the bags, the sifting, the mixing. Plus I have a big repot season coming up. I didn't plan it, but somehow ended up with a bunch of trees getting on similar repotting schedule, wondering if that's like a bonsai version of women's menstrual cycles lining up...hhhmmm! And have the perfect containers for yards of it. Anywho, just curious if anyone has a place to get qty. of pumice, lava, or really any useful inorganic substrate?

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Anyone know where he got it??

I can only find bags full. I never see lava either. I have the ability to keep, store, and move a large quantity, and wanted to buy a "boatload" for my personal use and anyone else in new England I could deliver too. Not trying to make money, but if it recouped some expenses, its always a bonus. I just have grown tired of the bags, the sifting, the mixing. Plus I have a big repot season coming up. I didn't plan it, but somehow ended up with a bunch of trees getting on similar repotting schedule, wondering if that's like a bonsai version of women's menstrual cycles lining up...hhhmmm! And have the perfect containers for yards of it. Anywho, just curious if anyone has a place to get qty. of pumice, lava, or really any useful inorganic substrate?
@markyscott mentioned beamclay.com awhile back, they supply lava I believe.

Top Bottom