Pumice prices

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
From BuildASoil black friday sale: $532 for a 1 yard tote (1000 lbs) delivered to my house. Good deal?

Maiden69

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I'm debating about ordering it too... best deal you're going to get unless you have a place that sell it locally. The only way I can get it cheaper is to drive to New Mexico in a pick up truck and pick up a yard tote, I think it was like $120 or less, but gas, food, time, etc... was not worth it.

edit to add: They bumped the price too, I think last week it was around $167 the yard.

Tums

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
The price is pretty good if you can't get it locally (~$20 per cubic foot) but I was hoping they would have the smaller particle size in stock. I feel like 3/8" is pretty dang big.

yenling83

Omono
Reaction score
1 yard costs me about $100 on the Central Coast of CA from Air Vol Block in San Luis Obispo CA

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
How's that for a Black Friday sale price, 3 times the price from a week ago. Build a soil is starting to get greedy.
My price includes shipping. To be fair, think BuildASoil price is very good for where I am.

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
My price includes shipping. To be fair, think BuildASoil price is very good for where I am.
I looked it up and saw where the money is going. Its the same price to ship to me too, the shipping ain’t bad, 400$ to ship 1000lbs from Colorado to North Carolina is a steal. Original post edited.😉

NaoTK

Chumono
Reaction score
I am in the wrong business, a yard is $50 here in Oregon. And we have natural "silaceous vents" where you can just dig for free. Someone do the math the break even point to just drive here

Maiden69

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
It’s still that, it’s the 400 something shipping that brings it to 560ish.
It's showing $211 with a 10% off at $190, definitely not $167 like last week.
I am in the wrong business, a yard is $50 here in Oregon. And we have natural "silaceous vents" where you can just dig for free. Someone do the math the break even point to just drive here
I remember Bjorn saying that he used to get it at around $20 a yard. Trust me, if it wasn't as expensive to drive to get it I would have done so already. I wouldn't even mind hooking up a trailer to my GTI instead of renting a truck.

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Sounds like a good deal!

Mentioned this earlier, yet, FWIW folks might, if they don’t already do so, consider recycling their media.

We have done this successfully for the past two and a half years with media from our trees and all the media from a friend with very high quality trees in the pot for up to 5 years.

Our results show pumice and lava recover at about 98%. Akadama has recovered at about 50%, Kanuma about 70%. Media that seives through the small sieve is put through window screening. These media and the dust is used for multiple projects with small trees, cuttings and muck for root over rock.

cheers
DSD sends

Maiden69

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I guess I can't explain this enough, or my SPANGLISH is getting in the way. $167 was the regular price... they jacked up the price to $211 for the sale. So you are getting the same regular price 2 weeks ago, but with a "20% discount".

Here, found the place I was talking about, not New Mexico, but Arizona.

$85 a yard - https://www.acmesand.com/

38PUMC 3/8” Pumice Moisture retention pH neutral horticulture soil amend $85.00

Top Bottom