Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Well it seems as though B-Nut has already gone through
And remove/edited my comments that were made by me on
Both Cyperss and NY's threads....
Thank you...
I gotta say though that I find it a little interesting that
Their negative comments were not edited here at my thread.
I mean one would think that really one should disperse judgement
Equally so as to not give the impression of showing favoritism.
Not saying this was his intetion, I am sure just over looked.
I will PM him.

Reaction score
PM has been sent, just waiting for a response.

Reaction score
This is where I think you are wrong. If you had just posted all those trees without the preamble, I don't think this thread would ever have wound up like this. I mean, you were absent from this forum for what, a few weeks? A month? More? You could have just started fresh. Instead, everyone is all stirred up which means the potential for a new thread to turn ugly is higher. I hope that doesn't happen.

Chris

Perhaps you are right... sincerely doubt it.
But, hey...
Were not folks already stirred up anyways ?
You know with the thread about posting to bonsa fourums,
Or the incident between Vance and Judy...
Thanks for the post

Last edited:

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Simply "Wow"...sorry Trent. It's usually not this bad here. Overall, almost everyone here are nice and more than willing to share. Stick with us ;)

Or not. When lunatics are allowed to run the asylum, it's usually time to move on. Reading this thread from beginning to end has been surreal to say the least. In my opinion, this forum just became a little less friendly, more confrontational place where it's apparently ok to be vulgar, mean spirited and overtly aggressive toward other members if you feel you've been "wronged" by them. Sure, the ignore button is an option, but I think it's a poor one at best. I've got lots of progression threads here that have been developing for years, and I have to say it's really disappointing to have someone with an axe to grind insert themselves into the thread and become a distraction. I know this is unavoidable on a public forum but some folks go out of their way to confrontational. I know, not my forum or my rules...but I don't understand how it became ok to behave so poorly here.

Last edited:

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
But, hey...
Thanks for the post

I don't agree with what those posters did in this thread. I didn't like the tone of your original post, but my response was to just stop reading. I didn't feel the need to make any comments on what you posted. However...the big difference is that they were responding in your thread to things that you said in your thread. Whereas you vindictively when to their threads to "get even". So I agree with removing your (and one of mine, apparently) posts in their threads while leaving this one alone.

And yes, the place was already stirred up by other stuff before your thread, but that's not unusual around here.

Chris

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Or not. When lunatics are allowed to run the asylum, it's usually time to move on. Reading this thread from beginning to end has been surreal to say the least. In my opinion, this forum just became a little less friendly, more confrontational place where it's apparently ok to be vulgar, mean spirited and overtly aggressive toward other members if you feel you've been "wronged" by them. Sure, the ignore button is an option, but I think it's a poor one at best. I've got lots of progression threads here that have been developing for years, and I have to say it's really disappointing to have someone with an axe to grind insert themselves into the thread and become a distraction. I know this is unavoidable but some folks go out of their way to confrontational. I know, not my forum or my rules...but I don't understand how it became ok to behave so poorly here.

That is why I started a blog. I was really miffed at the thread where I showed that large base tridents and how I developed them. Then it went south for about two pages between Mark Rockwell and Will Heath argueing over the merits of whether it should be published. I did, I published it here. My Choice, My decision, end of story. It was expected so why worry about it.

The fact that I have people from all over the world translating my works and subscribing and still garnering 150+ views a day with no significant content additions in 6 months is satisfying. If people feel you have made contributions to the art and know you are sincere they will come to your blog. One can pick and choose who is worthy and who is not. I do not edit for unfavorable comments from people I know and respect. If I don't respect you, your comments will never be on my blog no matter how complimentary or nice you are. That is my choice.

Last edited:

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
That is why I started a blog. I was really miffed at the thread where I showed that large base tridents and how I developed them. Then it went south for about two pages between Mark Rockwell and Will Heath argueing over the merits of weather it should be published. I did, I published it here. My Choice, My decision, end of story. It was expected so why worry about it.

The fact that I have people from all over the world translating my works and subscribing and still garnering 150+ views a day with no significant content additions in 6 months is satisfying. If people feel you have made contributions to the art and know you are sincere they will come to your blog. One can pick and choose who is worthy and who is not. I do not edit for unfavorable comments from people I know and respect. If I don't respect you, your comments will never be on my blog no matter how complimentary or nice you are. That is my choice.
Exactly, and more power to you, Smoke. The hay day of bonsai forums was 5-10 years ago, when truly exceptional artists like Walter Pall and Hans Van Meer interacted with bonsai Joe Smoes like me on a daily basis. Not so much any more...if you're worth your salt and you're motivated enough, you do the blog thing. I'm not motivated enough to start a blog, though I do occasionally visit some, including yours. I'm glad that you and others ARE motivated enough to start them and add to them periodically...but forums like this one are lessened when experienced hobbyists decide to focus their efforts elsewhere. Check out IBC...it's basically a ghost town over there these days as all the European contributors left in recent years to start blogging because of reasons similar to yours...sad.

october

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Exactly, and more power to you, Smoke. The hay day of bonsai forums was 5-10 years ago, when truly exceptional artists like Walter Pall and Hans Van Meer interacted with bonsai Joe Smoes like me on a daily basis. Not so much any more...if you're worth your salt and you're motivated enough, you do the blog thing. I'm not motivated enough to start a blog, though I do occasionally visit some, including yours. I'm glad that you and others ARE motivated enough to start them and add to them periodically...but forums like this one are lessened when experienced hobbyists decide to focus their efforts elsewhere. Check out IBC...it's basically a ghost town over there these days as all the European contributors left in recent years to start blogging because of reasons similar to yours...sad.

I have not been on IBC in a while. So it is a ghost town now? IBC is a great forum. However, in my opinion, this one is a little better simply because there is more diversity among trees being posted. Bonsai in all stages and diversity in quality of material. In my opinon, many times IBC seemed like "this is my new $5000 pre bonsai material or my newly dug 300 year old yamadori. Here is the tree styled and ready for exhibition." That is all fine and good. However, I like seeing bonsai from different categories. The newer enthusiast as well as seasoned veteran. Poor quality material to great quality material. It works the same for either. I do not want to just see just masterpieces or just poor examples. This site has a nice balance.

Rob

Reaction score
Or not. When lunatics are allowed to run the asylum, it's usually time to move on. Reading this thread from beginning to end has been surreal to say the least. In my opinion, this forum just became a little less friendly, more confrontational place where it's apparently ok to be vulgar, mean spirited and overtly aggressive toward other members if you feel you've been "wronged" by them. Sure, the ignore button is an option, but I think it's a poor one at best. I've got lots of progression threads here that have been developing for years, and I have to say it's really disappointing to have someone with an axe to grind insert themselves into the thread and become a distraction. I know this is unavoidable on a public forum but some folks go out of their way to confrontational. I know, not my forum or my rules...but I don't understand how it became ok to behave so poorly here.
I thank you for taking the time to come to my thread and not talk
About trees, but instead way in on the merits or in you opinion,
perhaps the lack of merits of my thread...
By continuing the conversation you seem to only be continuing the
Problem... of course this will never become apparent in your eyes,
I am sure... but it is the truth nonetheless.
Granted you may not have had to experience any of the horrors that
Are somehow now becoming all too apparent to you, .but they have been
Here all along. Just a Smoke has just now testified to that he had issues,
Way back when Heath was here... and this was even before my time.

So, when you recall the good ole days of the forum, perhaps you need to take
Into the actual reality that for some, we don't know what you are talking
About... and this is just blowing smoke.

I will be in the next coming week under my real name, since B-nut has been
So gracious to let me have my name back, be posting threads that actually
Deal with serious discussions regarding trees, and perhaps you will be the first
To comment and demonstrate all the wonderful views of this forum that I have not
Been privy too.
Because, sorry I haven't seen this Utopia yet.
Thanks again for your imput, perhaps next time it will be about trees.

Reaction score

Umm... correct me if I am wrong... but didn't Walter Paul
Say he was specifically leaving because of all the Muzie and Nigger
Talk that was allowed to run free in those good ole days ?

dkraft81

Shohin
Reaction score
But, hey...
Thanks for the post

Ive been standing by trying to not throw my hat in on this debacle, but your hipocracy knows no end.

You sir lurked in the darkness of this forum until the blow up occurred. Then out of the shadows you came using B-nuts' actual words when he asked folks to stop with the put up or shut up attitude. What did you do???? You made a thread titled with those words, called out those who actually contribute to this forum. Everything was fine while folks stroked your ego. But then someone had the gall to call you on your tactics, and we are right back to sawgrass the marytr. Its old and predictable. This forum had a lot less fighting and bickering and was getting enjoyable again when you were gone. You posed the question put up or shut up, I'd prefer you do the later.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sigh.

Thank you for making my decision easier. I thought for a second there that maybe you really did want to talk about bonsai, but it's clear to me that's not the case. Adios.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a

You're wrong. He was a regular at Bonsaitalk, IBC, and here to a lesser extent. By the time the incident you describe occurred, his bonsai forum presence was a mere shadow of what it had been...he had been slowly divesting himself from forums essentially for the same reasons that Al describes...ask Al if you don't believe me.

Reaction score
Ive been standing by trying to not throw my hat in on this debacle, but your hipocracy knows no end.

You sir lurked in the darkness of this forum until the blow up occurred. Then out of the shadows you came using B-nuts' actual words when he asked folks to stop with the put up or shut up attitude. What did you do???? You made a thread titled with those words, called out those who actually contribute to this forum. Everything was fine while folks stroked your ego. But then someone had the gall to call you on your tactics, and we are right back to sawgrass the marytr. Its old and predictable. This forum had a lot less fighting and bickering and was getting enjoyable again when you were gone. You posed the question put up or shut up, I'd prefer you do the later.

My friend you give me to much credit !!!
Had I known that B-Nut actually used these exact words, I would
Of at least gave him credit...
Thanks though for waiting till now to comment here though.
It would of been a real shame if you had commented on any of
The trees...

Reaction score
You're wrong. He was a regular at Bonsaitalk, IBC, and here to a lesser extent. By the time the incident you describe occurred, his bonsai forum presence was a mere shadow of what it had been...he had been slowly divesting himself from forums essentially for the same reasons that Al describes...ask Al if you don't believe me.

Perhaps so...
But his parting words were still regarding this mess that
Never happened...

Reaction score
Sigh.

Thank you for making my decision easier. I thought for a second there that maybe you really did want to talk about bonsai, but it's clear to me that's not the case. Adios.

I do...
And when we are done getting this off our shoulders
It will happen. We clearly just needed to clarify a couple of
Things...

Reaction score
So, are we done ??? Don't think there is reallly much
More to discuss...
But, thank you all for comming and participating.
Thanks to you guys that took the time to comment
About the trees... clearly you got the drift of the thread.
The others well, just proved the point of the thread.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom