Put your favorite stone you have on this thread (doesn’t have to be suiseki)

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hey Paul, those are great. Is that native CA jade?

shinmai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
These all came from the same gravel bar on the Goodnews River in Alaska. I was with my best friend, fly fishing for silver salmon. I gathered the stones while walking off a shore lunch that involved fresh-out-of-the-water trout and a bottle of Krug champagne.
38E324E4-1A6F-4BFD-A367-451FBDB86063.jpeg
We flew in a DC-3 over the volcanoes and glaciers, and the stone at far left in particular reminds me of how the glaciers looked from the air.

Underdog

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Makes me think of Planet of the Apes movies. Maybe do a root over with it. Couple holes go through and feeding a root through might be cool. shrug

johnbaz

Mame
Reaction score
A couple more that I like..

Orthocera fossil..
4Ga8Sp1.jpg

I bought this pot with a small Juniper in many many years ago, I only had it a couple of years before it expired!!, I saved the pot to have another go but the stone got broken, I epoxied it back on but I thing ceramic tile adhesive would have been better!
Aopee8U.jpg
ghpq1s5.jpg

I'm not 100% sure what this is but I think it's slate with veins of something else through it, It was cheap from a bootsale and is the offcut from a large-ish garden water feature, They had lots, They were cut from the large rocks to give them a flat surface to stand on, These smaller bits were the waste!
MaXfyle.jpg

This is an odd bit of rock that I was given, Looking from the end it's L shaped, The gent that gave it to me drilled the two holes to hold a tree down, I think keto is mixed up as in a slab planting, I don't actually know where this is at the moment! ☺️
TfRlPh4.jpg

Cheers, John 👍

Top Bottom