Putting on a show...

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I now totally get the awe of azaleas on the bench. As most know this one came from @Don Blackmond last mid June. First time offering up a show for myou viewing...and I totally get the love of these trees for many. To think I had originally mentally planned for only to sit on my bench. Now...excited about the neagari satsuki to also share it's beauty.

Love the subtle specks on one bloom verses the bolder streak of color found on the other charming...

Hikari-no-tsukas Satsuki azalea...
20160426_093132.png

To the subtle specks of color...
20160426_093238.png

To the bold streak...with hints on an unopened bloom of another possible bold bloom. Seeing a bit of color being revealed.
20160426_093215.png

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Though maybe not this variety...I'm sure you must have some exotic cultivar that others aren't so privy for. Embrace what is available to you...or,do you find getting bonsai a challenge in your location?
We have all sorts of cool natives, but I love azaleas, and there are no satsukis available for purchase anywhere.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5A
Looks good and healthy. Strong growth and lots of flower buds. You are doing well with it.

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
May I say... time for a good camera to document all your plants? ;)

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Thanks all for the kind words...I must say...can't go wrong with material from Don. He also walked me through the care regiment. Allowing me confidence on at the time a larger purchase for me. Very pleased all around with the experience.

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Think I may have found this satsuki a new pair of shoes for next year...a Sonny Bogg's pot. :D Now...not set in stone until it arrives...but...yeah, thrilled to have one of his pots coming to my home.
View attachment 104102
I want a pot of his as well, he is definently one of my favorite potters.

Nice!

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I want a pot of his as well, he is definently one of my favorite potters.

Nice!
Thanks...yes,he has some amazing pots out there I've seen ones have. He had several on auction end last night. Some cascades that I had no use for...but was hard put...forcing myself to not bid on them as well. Leaving ones who may like his pots the opportunity to have one of their own. And not be gluten. But...it was hard. One cascade was a dream...but...again no use for it. So...I refrained.

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Thanks...yes,he has some amazing pots out there I've seen ones have. He had several on auction end last night. Some cascades that I had no use for...but was hard put...forcing myself to not bid on them as well. Leaving ones who may like his pots the opportunity to have one of their own. And not be gluten. But...it was hard. One cascade was a dream...but...again no use for it. So...I refrained.
Yeah I saw those too, I just dont have anything that would work with the pots he posted so I didnt bid on them either.

Top Bottom