pyracantha"red elf

Giga

Masterpiece
USDA Zone
7-8
Bought this guy in fall 2014 for 2$ at lowes. It was infested with whitflies but I knew I could take care of it. So come spring it was cut back , repotted, then treated. It been lightly wired and allowed to grow free mostly. This is where it's at this fall.

1123151000~2.jpg
This is why it caught my eye-It has a good nebari. Please don't pay attention to the weeds-Got busy with work and didn't keep up.
1123151002_HDR~2.jpg

I allowed a couple branch runners to strengthen and build some taper when it's cut back again spring 2016
1123151003~2.jpg
Back sides
1123151003a~2.jpg 1123151003b~2.jpg

For 2$ it should be something nice in a few years. I'll be more aggressive with wire to give it some shape, I just wanted it to recover this year since it was infected and cut back hard in the spring

Last edited:

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
USDA Zone
At the price of 4 gumballs!

This is a dope ass piece!

Real nice!

Sorce

Giga

Masterpiece
USDA Zone
7-8
Thanks!

At the price of 4 gumballs!

This is a dope ass piece!

Real nice!

Sorce
Give it a few years it'll be sweater then it's sugar free form right now.

I can airlayer 3 of these at my parents place, almost same thickness (next season ofc.) I like them very much.
Sweet, yeah it's pretty nice. If I spy anymore like this I'll snatch them up.

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Pyracantha root as easy as any tree I take cuttings from... right up there with pomegranate.
I bet it would be fine... only one way to find out!

USDA Zone
6B
This ones looking good , nice work man! I would probably remove the Jin though , nice berries , my contoneasters almost never have berries by the time winter rolls around , squirells get em

Giga

Masterpiece
USDA Zone
7-8
This ones looking good , nice work man! I would probably remove the Jin though , nice berries , my contoneasters almost never have berries by the time winter rolls around , squirells get em
Yeah I have only one resident squirrel and he learned not to touch the trees, chilly pepper spray.

Also was playing with my camera on my phone before work. I felt artistic
1002171752_HDR.jpg