Pyracantha that arrived today from Jason Schley...

BrianBay9

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I live in a place where they are shunned for landscaping so no nursery plants to be had. Would have to purchase a prebonsai, and have not seen anything so far worth spending $$ on. Would be interested should anyone have a starter to tempt me with... :D

Judy, remind me in the spring and I'll send you one. Shohin size?

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Judy, remind me in the spring and I'll send you one. Shohin size?
Yes, I like the smaller versions of these better than the larger ones. I remember growing up with some large ones in my neighborhood, but they are not seen here anymore. Thanks Bri.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Oh no it's flowered...it has some berries on the back of it. I am just building structure...and cut off buds at this point to areas that need focused on.

Cool our Pyracantha's actually are similar. Mine will be growing this year but during the cold monthes, hope to get stuck in with some changes, as it looks you are too. Yours is looking very green and healthy.
No older, discoloured growth from last year, that hasn't dropped? Did you remove them? Seems weird to see every single leave looks like new

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Cool our Pyracantha's actually are similar. Mine will be growing this year but during the cold monthes, hope to get stuck in with some changes, as it looks you are too. Yours is looking very green and healthy.
No older, discoloured growth from last year, that hasn't dropped? Did you remove them? Seems weird to see every single leave looks like new
Night photo...but some of the older leaves dropped awhile back. The new have most darkened some. But here you can see there is a difference. If you look closely. Had to pick off a caterpillar...placed him where he could snack. Away from my trees. Lol
image.jpg

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Night photo...but some of the older leaves dropped awhile back. The new have most darkened some. But here you can see there is a difference. If you look closely. Had to pick off a caterpillar...placed him where he could snack. Away from my trees. Lol
View attachment 198028

This is a horrible game of Where’s Waldo lol, I can’t find the probably green caterpillar on the very green tree!

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
@ConorDash that sure is a sweet specimen. I truly am happy you have it on your bench.

Well, thank you :).

I see you used a good load of wire on yours, I’ve not done that yet on mine.. I would imagine pyracantha are very good for wiring?

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Top Bottom