Pyracantha that arrived today from Jason Schley...

Reaction score
Portland, Oregon, United States of America
USDA Zone
9b
I'm trying to find a new pot for this tree...But, want a few for repot next spring to choose from. Looking in the greenhouse, I've this one by Bonsai Seeker...Hmmm It may go as a contender to try. View attachment 316307
Thanks for keeping this thread going, 4 years? You did a nice job developing this tree so far. I have a pyracantha sitting here that doesn't look like anything to me yet and reading through this was extremely helpful. Any recent photos? Those berries must've changed colors by now if you left them on.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Thanks for keeping this thread going, 4 years? You did a nice job developing this tree so far. I have a pyracantha sitting here that doesn't look like anything to me yet and reading through this was extremely helpful. Any recent photos? Those berries must've changed colors by now if you left them on.
A fun species. Now I really strategically only permitted a few flowers for berries. (Berries the best part.) I actually removed them yesterday. But I may have an image with them red. Hold on...glad this thread was helpful to you.
20201020_102640.jpg

Colorado

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
A fun species. Now I really strategically only permitted a few flowers for berries. (Berries the best part.) I actually removed them yesterday. But I may have an image with them red. Hold on...glad this thread was helpful to you.
View attachment 341599

Nice photo! Twisty dragon looks interesting with the twisty roots 😎

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Nice photo! Twisty dragon looks interesting with the twisty roots 😎
Thank you...but twisty dragon is getting a project done with him next year. Anticipation of that project is a given. Going to grow a tree around him. I have a young elm with slightly exposed roots which will wrap around his back leg...in a few years...the canopy will be flames at his mouth. Or so the plan is.

Reaction score
Portland, Oregon, United States of America
USDA Zone
9b
View attachment 341599
I know you’re planning to repot, the white of the current pot really compliments the red berries. I imagine it looks great when it flowers.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I know you’re planning to repot, the white of the current pot really compliments the red berries. I imagine it looks great when it flowers.
It's sort of to me...looks to have outgrown the pot verses canopy width. I've also a kumquat that the fruit would pop with this one its currently in.

I don't hate this current combo. Just feel the canopy needs a wider pot.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Nice thread, glad I stumbled on it. I have a Pyracantha rehab project I've enjoyed.

Interesting to hear that nurseries don't carry often. The reputation for run amok landscape tree holds true for my area.

I have setup a few Pyracantha air-layers over the last three weeks after speaking with property owners (also oak + juniper).

If successful, there are more solid pieces of material I'll hop on.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Nice thread, glad I stumbled on it. I have a Pyracantha rehab project I've enjoyed.

Interesting to hear that nurseries don't carry often. The reputation for run amok landscape tree holds true for my area.

I have setup a few Pyracantha air-layers over the last three weeks after speaking with property owners (also oak + juniper).

If successful, there are more solid pieces of material I'll hop on.
A species I totally enjoyed working with it on my bench. Glad you enjoyed the thread. Very nice of the property owners. Sounds like some great projects to have going at some point.

Esolin

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Wow. That stand is amazing and totally compliments the shape of your tree. Stunning photo!

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Great job on the tree!!!! I have a couple also...Do you know if the leaves can be reduced any?

Top Bottom