Quality Japanese made pruning shears and hedge shears under $100-$150 range

ceriano

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I'm looking for a quality pruning shear and a hedge shear, preferably Japanese made. My price range is around $100 to max $150.
I understate cheaper pruners do the job just fine but I'm looking for something more niche

a few contenders:

ShimpakuBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
I've got a few pruning shears of Okatsune and I really like them.
I use them mostly for pruning in the garden, the 207 is my goto shears for almost everything and I use the 103 for pruning larger branches.
My fiancee use the 304 (blue) for her flower arangements and she loves it.

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Kaneshin work great and are well below your price point. If you need to spend, go masakuni

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Hmm... both the two choices above are pretty pricey in my book. That said, I'm sure each are very high quality tools.

In my experience after using a multitude of large and small cutting tools over many years... using many name brands and not name brand tools...... above a mid level price point, its no longer about the tools themselves (vis a vis long term durability and cutting effectiveness), its all about the ability of the the individual to properly sharpen and otherwise care for the tool over time.
Have fun and enjoy whatever you decide to purchase and get a good stone set up too.

cheers
DSD sends

Top Bottom