Quarantine strolls.....surprise collections?

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Greetings, comrades.
These past few mornings I have been noticing (at least in my area) a gigantic upsurge in individuals, families and pet owners taking advantage of the many trails/public lands that my family and I frequent for the purposes of “cabin fever strolls”.... As a SLIGHTLY paranoid person, I have been taking our outdoor walks to unfamiliar areas (for reasons of furthering distance). I began wondering if anyone else might have tales of footbound adventure to share, also. (Pardon my oversight if this issue is already being tackled in another thread)

“Enclosed” are visual accounts of todays trek.

The place: a more secluded strip of the Ahnapee Trail in Kewaunee County, WI

The specimen: White Spruce?6007E29B-79CB-4AE8-A69C-94597447D16A.jpegBE7E5F4D-3DE5-4B70-ADAB-7075532C18DD.jpeg5EC888ED-E5B4-45F9-8495-05F13DEEA828.jpeg

NOZZLE HEAD

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I live in Oregon, the state not the town, and we have tons of parks and developed trails near where I live.
I work on the road in agriculture so through all this I have still been working.
I hike a few logging roads in my county every weekend to decompress and on most of these roads I have never seen another soul. With all of this all but one of my spots seems to have become popular for dog walkers and families.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I live in Oregon, the state not the town, and we have tons of parks and developed trails near where I live.
I work on the road in agriculture so through all this I have still been working.
I hike a few logging roads in my county every weekend to decompress and on most of these roads I have never seen another soul. With all of this all but one of my spots seems to have become popular for dog walkers and families.

Oregon is one of the prettiest places I have ever been! I have some family out there. I didn’t post any updates on this thread, mostly because it seemed to lack appeal.. also because I thought it may have been mis-categorized (by myself) so I stopped documenting. :) ...but since it came up again(thank you), here’s a couple pictures of yesterday’s outdoor escapades.

9C54AAA8-D4C2-4F44-A94F-DD7B765D8236.jpeg
11BB9045-4806-472D-8DBE-2EEB8B41B67D.jpeg
3760341F-1BA0-4C4E-BF8A-60C21B23ECDD.jpeg
3136755E-3DD8-43DC-B8E6-C1DAF5D4EE37.jpeg

Last edited:

BrianBay9

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I live on the edge of the old Fort Ord, near Monterey. Closed in the 1990's it now has lots of trails accessible - and many still closed due to UXO risks. So far I've been greeted by deer, turkeys, one coyote, coast garter snakes, alligator lizards, fence lizards, California quail, red tailed hawks, Coopers hawks, great horned owls, downy woodpecker, assorted warblers and vireos. Unfortunately my cell phone camera is generally poorly suited to wildlife photos.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I live on the edge of the old Fort Ord, near Monterey. Closed in the 1990's it now has lots of trails accessible - and many still closed due to UXO risks. So far I've been greeted by deer, turkeys, one coyote, coast garter snakes, alligator lizards, fence lizards, California quail, red tailed hawks, Coopers hawks, great horned owls, downy woodpecker, assorted warblers and vireos. Unfortunately my cell phone camera is generally poorly suited to wildlife photos.

I find that the photo is ALWAYS going to struggle to depict nature.

“Natural pixels” don’t have square edges. HAHAHA.

Either way, your abundance of “critters” offers for many unique observation opportunities. Most wildlife by me is furry. It’s cold up here.

NOZZLE HEAD

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Oregon is one of the prettiest places I have ever been! I have some family out there. I didn’t post any updates on this thread, mostly because it seemed to lack appeal.. also because I thought it may have been mis-categorized (by myself) so I stopped documenting. :) ...but since it came up again(thank you), here’s a couple pictures of yesterday’s outdoor escapades.

View attachment 296844
View attachment 296845
View attachment 296846
View attachment 296848
Like anywhere we have our issues, but we also have the trees.

Top Bottom